My husband and I were married in Costa Rica and on our way to travel Nicaragua, this was our first stop (I had a great Groupon rate). I mentioned that it would be our honeymoon and I feel they actually read my email because I feel we had the BEST room on the resort. It was the top floor of Aguas Azules and it had the most spectacular view of the town and bay! It below our minds the second we walked in which was perfect timing to enjoy a beer from the mini bar (affordable compared to the North American mini bars we're used to) and the sunset. The only downside was that there were no curtains for the windows/doors that were the entire wall facing the ocean. Everything else about the room was great - spacious and a comfy bed too!
Yes, there are a lot of stairs but we were told any time we wanted a ride to the reception area to just call. The only time we utilized this service was the initial ride to our room and when we were leaving as both times we had our luggage with us. Other than that, we just walked and got over the stairs. The resort sits on the hillside looking over the town but you can be in the middle of town in 5 minutes (from the reception area) by walking.
We made one trek up to the family pool area and it was another great view of the town/bay. The staff by the bar up there were very quick/attentive with our beverage needs.
We had a free dinner on the first night, and the food was great. My husband has the ceviche salad to start and I wanted to make him trade me appies.
The staff all over this resort were great and friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.