Very beautiful place- AMAZING VIEWS
Food is good (unsurpassed by Nica standards)
The hotel does great vounteer work with local community and
even has a VET center/Zoo on site for misplaced Animals.
Hotel is defintely trying to make a difference in the San Juan
community and they are worth supporting for that reason alone.
The hotel it self is very beautiful and the upper pool area is stunning.
Very important: Make sure before booking that you will be staying in a room near the upper pool area. The hotel is built on a hillside and many rooms are located very far from parking lots, resturants and pools. Certain rooms require a hike to get to, not fun to do everytime you want to go anywhere or if you have luggage to carry.
A good idea when you get in your room is to make sure everyting is functional and acceptable before you settle in. We had several problems, the management (after several calls) did address but moving rooms is never enjoyable. Unfortunately it seems like more energy is being put into the expansion than on maintaining the current units. As of May 2008 the constuction began at 7 am and was constant throughout the day.
Be aware all food and beverage is subject to 15% NICA tax and the hotel also adds on an additional 10% Gratutiy regardless of the service you recieve.
A great place, Nicest place in town (if not the country), but the tourist thing is still new in Nica so expect a few bumps in the road if you choose to travel in Nicaragua.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Pelican Eyes Hotel
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.