I really don't think you can go wrong with this property. This was my first trip to
San Juan del Sur, and I wanted something with a projected higher level of
service while I figured out the town. I believe I got it.
I tend to be a sucker for the "welcome" services like the cool towel and the juice
and they were, well, welcome. The room is a ways from either parking area (up
or down), and there are lots of steps--although the resort will drive you close to
the room upon request. The climbing is something to consider but didn't really
bother me, and I was rewarded with a great view.
I was in "Brazil". Room was medium-large. I couldn't decide if I cared for the
decor--something about it reminded me of the Playboy Grotto--but decide for
yourself. The star was the huge balcony with the killer view. There is a private
walkway to the room and I found myself pining for my Signifcant Other (whom
I met after deciding on this trip) as the place was incredibly romantic and
private. It was missing some amenities such as robes and an iron, something
I wouldn't even mention in a mid-priced place, but I have a little higher
expectation in a luxury resort. It did have a get-your-own fridge and a
I was exploring the area and didn't use the pools, but numbering 3, I think
they should make everyone happy. They probably could use a fitness
center--they do have a spa--but perhaps those stairs are all one needs!
There is a well-rated/"come as you are" restaurant where I had breakfast--
I liked Day 1's better than Day 2's, but I did find the prices very reasonable
for a resort dining area. Staff all around was great and they seem very
devoted to everyone's happiness.
Everything's fairly close together in San Juan del Sur--it will take about
10 minutes to walk to town, depending where on the property you are
(or they'll take you for 5 dollars). As I solo traveler, for my purposes,
I might take something a little more basic and closer to town next time--
but if I do bring someone special, Pelican eyes will be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur