I stayed at this resort 3/25-3/31/13. The resort itself is beautiful.I stayed with my husband and 10yr old twins. We stayed in a two bedroom Casita.When I first arrived I was not far from the reception,However,the pool close to entrance is small and you must go through the restaurant.I asked to be moved to a Casita close to lap pool/ family pool( yes alot of steps) but you can always get a ride up and down by staff. After being moved I received a t/c from front desk informing me thatbon Fri/Sat,there would be a party from 5p.m-4am and the noise might be to much.I had already unpacked and just figured it would be ok.Come Thur they started to set up for this party that "Malboro" was sponsoring.They closed off the family pool which only left the lap pool open. The issue became there where not enough chairs.This went on until Sat.Honestly if they are going to have a party for two days they should inform guest when they book.The hotel did give me 4 arm bands for my family.I did tell them two of them were10yrs old but was told this would not be a problem.We went out to eat and decided to go for 30 min. When we went to go to party we were told " No kids" I explained that they had arm bands and we are paying guest at hotel but was told "sorry"you and your husband are welcomed but "No kids" We politely left ( who did she think was going to watch kids.???) anyhow it was run over with teenagers so it was better off.On a different note the town of San Juan is a funky town with great little restaurants.We ate 2x at Maurico's pizza/pasta.I am from New York and this pizza is as good as any pizza in NYC.We had burgers at Nacho Libre- owner from Calfornia, again burgers were outstanding.The most expensive( by Nicaragua standing was EL Cobria)Picture of Sanagria,3 sodas,2beers,2apps plus main course 80.00 US.
To sum up this is a great little town and Pelican Eyes is the top hotel in area,if you stay here go to town to eat,you will have a great time and people are very friendly.I would return despite the whole 2 days of party( which was ridiculously loud) but I was warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur