I traveled to far away San Juan del Sur for a wedding with two friends. San Juan del Sur is a VERY small beach town filled with hostels and small, quite funky hotels along with a smattering of resort style condos (some occupied by the upscale and politically famous Chamorro family). Pelican Eyes provided a truly first class experience in this tiny surfer town. We shared a well-priced casita called Casa Sosiego (I think it means rela, ,and we did!) located between two lovely pools - one a large family pool and the other an infinity lap pool. We loved our casita (just accept you'll see small lizards and a few ants and exotic bugs - though there were few bugs after the first day - I suspect spraying) which had a large living area and kitchen. Two huge bedrooms, good beds and linens, nice bathrooms (fun shower), lots of shelf and closet space. Ceiling fans in every room moved the air when it got a touch warm during the afternoon. Air conditioning (that worked) was available if necessary. BEST FEATURE - terraces off each and every room with comfortable seating designed to follow the sun. Beautiful views. Good (not great) food - but clearly the best in town. Lovely people. Some communications difficulties but none with the great guys at the bar who delivered right to our room the night we watched the Academy Awards. Yes. TV, as well as Wi-Fi. Small quibbles with the day-trippers who thronged the pools on the weekends (I suspect the pools at Pelican Eyes are the best for miles around). And folks - this is NOT the US. It's the second poorest country in Central America. The services at Pelican Eye are very good considering what other tourists there are getting - and what the population lives with. And it's on a steep hill. With dirt roads all around. If you're patient and somewhat
nimble you can wait to be picked up for the trips up and down the steep hill or you can walk - as we did - down to breakfast - daily. I am 66 years old - with a bad knee - and I loved the exercise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur