My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 nights at the beginning of February 2013.
Reception arranged transfers for us from the airport in Managua, which worked brilliantly. We were delayed two hours and the drivers kindly waited for us.
Upon arrival we were upgraded from a 1 bedroom ocean view room to a casa in the upper stage 2 part of the development. Such a beautiful house! Two terraces (including one off the top floor bedroom) and a kitchen and lounge area.
The resort is very peaceful and beautifully landscaped with tiled stairways twisting through lush foliage up the (steep) hill side.
The hill setting is very beautiful and the views are breathtaking especially at sunset.
We opted to walk to and from our accommodation to the main restaurant/reception/San Juan but it's quite a hike - we enjoyed it but it wouldn't suit some. The hotel does offer a car service for a fee.
The staff are very friendly and helpful throughout the resort.
We did have a number of power cuts but were happy to open the doors/windows and let the fresh air blow through.
The restaurant food was a good mix of local inspired dishes and more Western food and of a high quality. We started each day sipping Nica coffee gazing out over the bay at La Cascada restaurant and typically ended the day in the same place!
The reception kindly arranged a tour through Edwin (awesome) at Macua Tours who took us to Granada and Masaya for the day.
We also liked San Juan very much. It's a sleepy little beach village. Just a touch rough around the edges but Gato Negro cafe is especially charming and El Timon does fantastic sea food. The locals are very friendly.
All together an unforgettable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur