We stayed in a Casa last December and were initially very impressed. The gardens are gorgeous and the pools and view are one of a kind. But the cleanliness of our bedroom was appalling. The sheets were dirty with black dots and hair. The bed cover never gets washed and was covered in tiny black dots. Room service tried to replace the sheets, but all the 5 new sheets they brought were covered in hair. Cockroaches live in the AC unit just above the bed and between the mattress and boxspring. When you turn on the AC the cockroaches will fall onto the pillow. This is not a romantic place. We looked at other places in town and they were all clean. The gardens and pool are usually filled with non-guests and families since non-guests can use all the facilities for $5 per day. Besides for one person the staff only speaks spanish and the management did not think that cleanliness is important. We recommend for you to visit the pool but stay somewhere else in town where it's less run down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur