Pelican Eyes is a unique resort located on the hillside of San Juan del Sur. It is 10-15 minute walk down to the bay. The resort is comprised of very nice casa's or condo like units. Ours was a 3 story two bedroom unit. It has beautiful architecture. We loved it. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and spacious. Our unit (Margarita) was near the top of the hill and had a wonderful view of the bay from each bedroom and the den. Be warned, the resort is on the side of a hill so there are lots (and lots) of stairs. If you are in reasonable shape this will not be a problem. The resort will provide transportation for $5 to and from the town. Our family of 4 rarely used it. There is a grocery store within a 5 minute drive. You can stock up and make use of the kitchen. Book a trip on the resort's sailboat - it was great. The restaurants are nice and predictable. The prices are a little high but they are convenient. Get to the pool(s) early as the chairs get occupied very early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur