Pelican Eyes is a great resort! The rooms are large and cozy. The views are awesome and the staff is friendly.
The downside.... the land. My first night there I had the luxury of tripping over a sand bar on the dusty, bumpy, rocky road, and spraining my ankle. I was able to savage my "trip" after I was able to obtain Ibuprofen and an ace bandage from the farmacia in town, but it was quite difficult to hobble around with all of the stairs (inside of the casa and on the property). The drivers were pretty good and transporting around the resort and to the front gate (but sometime they would take too long which is not good with a busted ankle).
The map they provided to show the lay out of the land, is not a very good one. You think the rooms are more spread out, but really are not. We learned a few short cuts the third day on the trip. Once again, that sucks when you have a busted ankle.
All in all if I didn't trip, I would not have complained as much. But I was a solider and I can still recognized an excellent resort. Just be prepared to walk tons of stair (which are uneven), if you are in a large party like I was, you all are closer to each other than you think (the map sucks), and be careful on the road (bumpy and uneven).
The food at the resort is more "american" priced, although not expensive to me, you can eat for a lot cheaper in town. Try the chicken skewers.... AWESOME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur