We went just the two of us and got the Casa Ruso (the biggest suite with a PRIVATE POOL!!!). It was absolutely PERFECT! Never seen such a huge room with two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, oh and THE VIEW, took my breath away! We spent the most incredible sunsets on our huge terrace. After 3 nights and 4 days we did not want to leave! This room also has an adjacent twin-bed-room you can choose if you want to come with your family and enjoy a private little house with your own pool.
We enjoyed walking up and down the stairs to check out the many infinity pools the property has and the views. It has a lot of stairs which is great to get your little workout while you vacation. There is a lap pool in the property, so you can also get your workout with the most amazing view of San Juan del Sur in this infinity pool. (Do bring your swim gear because the town doesn't sell this kind of stuff. I tried to buy goggles because I had forgotten them and couldn't find anything even similar around the whole town. It is very small and only sells the basics).
Back at the hotel the staff was very helpful. We asked for the same waiter , "Minor" who was excellent. The sailing trip was very relaxing and we got to meet people from other countries. Nicaragua is a must right now. We felt everything was cheap compared to other resorts around the world. A private villa would cost you 5 times more than what you pay here. We had our dinners by our pool in a cute round table outside watching the sunset, relaxed and enjoyed. It was simply perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur