We went just the two of us and got the Casa Ruso (the biggest suite with a PRIVATE POOL!!!). It was absolutely PERFECT! Never seen such a huge room with two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, oh and THE VIEW, took my breath away! We spent the most incredible sunsets on our huge terrace. After 3 nights and 4 days we did not want to leave! This room also has an adjacent twin-bed-room you can choose if you want to come with your family and enjoy a private little house with your own pool.
We enjoyed walking up and down the stairs to check out the many infinity pools the property has and the views. It has a lot of stairs which is great to get your little workout while you vacation. There is a lap pool in the property, so you can also get your workout with the most amazing view of San Juan del Sur in this infinity pool. (Do bring your swim gear because the town doesn't sell this kind of stuff. I tried to buy goggles because I had forgotten them and couldn't find anything even similar around the whole town. It is very small and only sells the basics).
Back at the hotel the staff was very helpful. We asked for the same waiter , "Minor" who was excellent. The sailing trip was very relaxing and we got to meet people from other countries. Nicaragua is a must right now. We felt everything was cheap compared to other resorts around the world. A private villa would cost you 5 times more than what you pay here. We had our dinners by our pool in a cute round table outside watching the sunset, relaxed and enjoyed. It was simply perfect.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piedras y Olas offers a distinctive blend of gracious hospitality, local charm, architectural flair, and community commitment within a unique setting blending harmoniously with the natural environment and local culture. Our hillside properties, comprised of hundreds of winding brick stairways, intertwine offering our guests time to enjoy a sense of connection to nature and make the most out of the varied and extraordinary views from our statuesque Villas, rejuvenating pools, gourmet restaurants, and cozy cabinas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.