Pelican Eyes Resort is amazing. It's far and away the nicest place I've ever stayed in Nicaragua. The staff was incredibly helpful and professional. The food and drinks were excellent -- their seafood and wine are not to be missed. The accommodations were grandiose. My private villa had towering ceilings, a full kitchen, a dining room with a large, tasteful painting by a local artist, air conditioning, large comfy beds, three bathrooms, a private driveway, and an expansive veranda with rocking chairs and epic views of the Pacific. Beautiful tropical flowers were everywhere; they obviously pay close attention to gardening and landscaping the grounds. The three different infinity pools are spacious and have amazing views of the town of San Juan and the bay, which is a short five-minute walk down the hill. The highlight of my stay was sailing on their private yacht to a secluded beach. Snorkeling, sailing, free drinks, ceviche, and tajadas... and then the captain dropped us off at a beach break for a surf on the way home and someone from the resort came and picked us up after sunset. I didn't make it to the spa but they have a spa in the resort that I heard was amazing and inexpensive. My friend went and got a treatment from their acupuncturist and chiropractor. My stay at Pelican Eyes was especially relaxing and comfortable. This type of resort is extremely hard to find in Nicaragua. The people in charge are doing a great job. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur