Our Group stayed at Pelican Eyes last Nov 2-8 /2011/. We have booked again for the first of November this year. 2 people in our group are getting Married to each other this year, and trying to plan their Wedding around our yearly trip. When we arrived at the 2 houses we had close to each other, it had been a very long day. Originally scheduled to arrive in Managua at 11AM-we arrived at 830Pm due to 2 mechanicals on Flights. Then the 2 hour ride to SJDS. when we checked in it was dark and everyone tired, The front desk offered the ride up the hill with our bags to the Houses but we had been sitting alot so decided to walk up, which is alot of stairs./, My Sister and Brother in law were celebrating their 30th wedding Anniversary, and I had talked them into coming here instead of their original choices/ My Brother in law gave me some angry looks when we finally climbed all of the stairs and arrived at our Houses. I knew in the morning that all would be different, with rest, daylight and the FANTASTIC views /especially from the room of the celebrating couple/. I have been coming to San Juan del Sur since 1998, and staying at Pelican since it opened in 2004. The views, Sunsets, Casas, and originality of the resort are incredible.
I woke up early our first day there and figured with the kind of day we had the day before-everyone would sleep to noon. The houses , even though next to each other, still have quite a bit distance between them /another plus to the resort-privacy/ I walked next door and saw my brother in law out on the large deck they had...he had already shot many pictures and was in awe. He said yesterday was worth every minute for what we have today! I didn't think we would get him off the deck all day. He just stayed out there relaxing and enjoying the view!
Pelican eyes has a great staff, from those you see every day to the people behind the scenes. The 3 pools are all great, and if you really want to swim, at the upper pool you can swim laps. yes, there are alot of stairs, if you find yourselves not wanting to walk the stairs, call the front desk and they will send someone to pick you up by car. I find the stairs easy when you have the lush green scenery to look at, almost to the bottom before you know it. And there are fantastic places close to the reception and lower pool.I have stayed in all of the habitacions and pool cabanas...they are close to Reception and cute. We love the sail trip and do it every year, sailing down the breathtaking Nicaraguan shoreline just puts any stressed person into a relaxed Nica state of mind. I took surf lessons, and each year there are more shops and excursions opening. Da flying frog canopy trip is alot of fun too!
The Hotel partners with Fundacion A. Jean Brugger. the last 4 years we have brought down donations for Schools, and last year we also brought down donations for the Ancianos Program. We have turned our vacation to the wonderful town of San Juan del Sur into a Volunteering Vacation, which makes it so much fun, and rewarding. the looks on kids faces when a simple soccer ball is given to them, or notebooks and markers. we bring our clothing in our carryon bag /how much do you need in a casual beach town?/and max out the checked bags with donations. since doing the donations- we look forward to giving them out as much as our own vacation!
Pelican Eyes may be more expensive than other resorts in SJDS, but take it from someone who has returned every year since opening in 2004 /sometimes more than once a year/ I never tire of the People, and Beauty at the Resort. Looking forward to our trip again this year. Is it November yet?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur