My wife and I visited in September 2013. We really liked this place. One of our all time favorites. We had the Ecolodge pick us up in Granada and take us to the property. I am glad we did as the property would be hard to find on your own. The cabins are wonderful. They overlook the lodges private beach. There are no real walls so when you sleep at night you can hear the waves crashing the entire night. So wonderful. My wife and I live at the beach at home and have never experienced nature such as this. The bed is great and you have an additional hammock swing bed and a huge couch. All of which to doze off and relax. There is a big swimming pool by the restaurant and we swam every day. There is a tour office onsite and we took advantage of it. They took us on a nature walk to see the sloths, howler monkeys, and iguanas. They took us to go ziplining. They took us to the beach one night to see the baby turtles hatching and going to the sea. They took us the following to see momma laying her egss on the beach. Our tour guide was Bismar. These tours were great and really inexpensive. We walked the beach every morning and found beautiful sea shells. The food is amazing. We had a package that included breakfast and dinner. They cook you anything you want and it is wonderful. My wife and I are very picky. We just eat to stay alive, we don't live to eat. We ate both of our meals every single day. The whole vibe here is totally cool. Relaxation is off the chart. I see some people say it is expensive. My wife and I purchased an offseason package room, breakfast, and dinner and I am thinking it is a steal. They transferred us to the airport in Managua and did a great job. I asked them if during the offseason I could spend a month there. They thought I was kidding. I was serious. P.S. Some of the best surf beaches on the planet a 3 km away. Like I said this place is in my top 10 in the world. Thanks. Richard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exotic rain forest surroundings, private sandy beach and bay, secluded location and large open spaces makes Morgan's Rock an exceptional place that brings our guests peace, harmony and relaxation of the body and mind. Those wishing to relax in one of our bungalows can also discover nature, wildlife and aquatic activities through the option of a variety of tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda And Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock
- Hacienda & Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Morgan's Rock Hacienda And Ecolodge Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur