We spent our honeymoon at Morgan's Rock at the end of August and we are so happy we decided on this vacation. The property is enormous and beautiful with so much to explore. Since we were there in the "off season" it was very quiet. I think the busiest it was during our stay was 4 couples. We had the beautiful private beach to ourselves almost the entire vacation. The beach was great - somedays the waves were pretty big but it made the boogie boarding very fun.
The time of year for this vacation was actually perfect in our opinion. It was very green and the rain never kept us inside for very long. It usually rained hard for an hour or at night, so it didn't impact any tours we wanted to do.
The bungalow was very nice and comfortable. It took a couple nights to get used to the sound of the ocean, but we can't really complain because it was such a treat to be so close to the ocean. It was really nice to have coffee delivered every morning so you could wake up and enjoy the beautiful morning on your private patio with a cup of coffee.
The food, tours and service were exceptional! Had one of the best steaks we've ever had in our lives here. Breakfast at the farm was so much fun and tasty. All of the staff were so friendly. Our spanish was terrible but they really tried to help us with it and it was a blast. The shuttle service to and from the airport was also really nice to have available. Our flights arrived late at night and departed early in the morning and the staff were very flexible with our shuttle service.
Overall 10/10 for our vacation and we would definitely recommend Morgan's Rock to anyone interested in a relaxing and quiet vacation. If you're used to big hotel chains and huge resorts and prefer that setting, this isn't likely for you. This is a great couples resort or would be really fun with a small group of friends. Very secluded and romantic place for a honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exotic rain forest surroundings, private sandy beach and bay, secluded location and large open spaces makes Morgan's Rock an exceptional place that brings our guests peace, harmony and relaxation of the body and mind. Those wishing to relax in one of our bungalows can also discover nature, wildlife and aquatic activities through the option of a variety of tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda And Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock
- Hacienda & Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Morgan's Rock Hacienda And Ecolodge Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur