I stayed at Morgan's Lodge in February with 2 friends. The property and its architecture
were truly spectacular. It is apparently 4400 acres on the Pacific with the resort, stables and a Farm that feeds the resort. The bungalows are classic and uniquely designed to bring
all that surrounds you inside. Getting to the bungalows is part of the experience so prepare yourself for a hike across a suspension bridge and up a ledge. We rode horses up in the
forest and down to the beach guided by Bismark who was superb. We also hiked and kayaked which was very nice. If you go you should take advantage of the 'Breakfast on the Farm',
a unique experience not to be missed. I would give Morgans all around top ratings except that
a few things were lacking and this seemed to all be tied to its remote location. The staff worked incredibly hard but there simply were not enough of them. For example we could not do some of the great outings they offered because the guide was on another trip for the day. Also the wine selection was at best poor. We did understand that Morgan's is very aware of these issues and is in the process of taking steps to improve. I still would highly recommend a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exotic rain forest surroundings, private sandy beach and bay, secluded location and large open spaces makes Morgan's Rock an exceptional place that brings our guests peace, harmony and relaxation of the body and mind. Those wishing to relax in one of our bungalows can also discover nature, wildlife and aquatic activities through the option of a variety of tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda And Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock
- Hacienda & Ecolodge Morgan`s Rock Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Morgan's Rock Hacienda And Ecolodge Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur