On my 2 week trip throughout Nicaragua, I stayed in a wide spectrum of places (pretty much a different place every night). Alcazar had quite possibly the nicest and most comfortable accommodations.
Here are the pro's:
1) it's across from the beach and I had a sweet balcony view
2) very neat and clean rooms, nice bathroom with hot water
3) the only clean and functional pool that I saw the entire time
4) nice front desk woman and doorman.
Here are the con's:
1) at approximately 8am very loud construction work began next door
2) price was higher than most of my other places (~$90 for 2 queen bed room/triple occupancy)
In regards to the early morning noise.. no matter where you are in Nicaragua, it's difficult to sleep in due to roosters (rural), neighborhood noise (urban), or heat due to daily power outage (Little Corn Island) so don't let this sway you. There is also a flock of bird that chirp up a storm in the tree out front... it's actually pretty cool unless you're easily bothered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alcazar is a beautiful boutique hotel featuring nine custom designed suites, each with its own unique personality. Totally renovated and updated in 2012, we are located just steps from the Pacific Ocean in the charming fishing village of San Juan Del Sur. Enjoy the aromas of the tropical off shore breezes and famous Latin American sunsets, unbelievable!Step back in time as you travel to San Juan Del Sur about two hours from Managua's international airport. You will pass through small villages, fields of sugar cane, groves of papaya and plantain trees and pass ox carts carrying products to local markets as they have done for hundreds of years. ALCAZARING-Al-ca'-zahr-ing(al-kuh-zahr-ing) verb: indulgent relaxation on our open air balconies or beaches while enjoying your favorite beverage as the sun slow sets. Nestle into the comfort of your suite with generous ocean view balconies furnished for comfort, conversation and total relaxation. Our staff is local and attentive to helping you enjoy your stay in as relaxed or as adventurous mode as you desire. Alcazar features stone graced walls accented with exotic woods from the local surroundings. Baths are detailed with handmade ceramic tiles, basins and fixtures. Services and facilities include: Swimming pool, laundry service, in room spa services, bi-lingual staff, full concierge services and tour organization. Lose yourself in a hideaway world of first-class comfort and service set within classic, sophisticated architecture graced with state of the art comforts, artfully nestled among beautiful features, handmade from nothing but the finest materials that Nicaragua has to offer. Please come stay with us...You will return with your friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Alcazar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Alcazar Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur