- price (low season: 20 to 40 dollars, depending on the room size)
- kitchen, internet, PCs available to guests
- good position (town center, one block from the beach)
- very basic room, not much light and air circulation
- common area shared with the family that runs the place (they're always around, watching tv or cooking)
- at ten o clock street door is closed and any activity is shut down 'til morning (which may be also good for the silence)
- only one person from the family seems to speak english
Details above related to low season (august). Overall, not a bad experience for one night. But from San Juan del Sur town usually you move to a hotel or hostel north or south, on a real beach, so you do not need a place in town for long, unless you want to be shaked on a wood bench on the back of a truck for 45 minutes every trip, every day. In other words, just spend one night in town, pay more, and then move to another location 10 to 20 km far away.