“Zen Yoga gave me the best month of my life!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zen Yoga Studio is set in a stunning plant nursery and is a two story yoga studio.
Los Angeles, California
“Zen Yoga gave me the best month of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I believe my thank you post on Zen's FB wall says it all:

"To all of Zen's teachers,

Whenever I come across a jaw dropping scenery, I take tons of pictures but at the same time know that the camera doesn't see what I see. Similarly, my words will simply not cover the huge THANK YOU that I want to express here - for re-introducing me to yoga in a way that made me want to come EVERY DAY over the last month; for your super professional and at the same time individually caring teaching; for teaching me something new in EVERY CLASS; for the tremendous amount of GIVING; for the inspiration to constantly improve myself; for being a large part of the happiest month of my life – I'm not exaggerating. The cycle of anticipating class, being in class (the best part!!), and thinking back about the class, is intoxicating (being high on endorphins probably has something to do with this too ;) ).

It's probably a little too soon to tell, but it is very possible that you changed my life – I'm hooked on yoga now. Well, Vinyasa yoga. I will do my best to come to your classes again in SJDS. I don't see a reason to go vacation anywhere else, do you?...

With huge amount of love and respect, well beyond what I can express in words,
Hadas."

Visited July 2012
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga Nicaragua, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We loved seeing you every day for a month... often twice a day! Your dedication to the practice of yoga was inspiring. You worked hard and improved daily. You did the work. We know we will see you again. Thanks for the music you thoughtfully left us!

We await your return,
Vanessa & ZEN team!

4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were down in Nicaragua last spring with family from El Salvador, at a rental house in town. When we asked Vanessa for a spa reco, she let us know Zen does massage. Unfortunately, we couldn't get 4 spots on short notice. No problem! Vanessa whipped out her phone and arranged for a lovely masseuse from Zen Yoga to come to our house and give each of us a massage over about 3 hours. I was skeptical it would be relaxing, but she set up a table right on the balcony and did an amazing job with just the right pressure, communication and music volume (drowned out the kids, but not the breeze). Price was totally reasonable including a generous tip to our amazing masseuse. Perfection!

Visited April 2012
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga Nicaragua, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to acknowledge your experience with Zen yoga and your positive massage experience. Zen has amazing and qualified massage therapists and the ONLY Thai masseuse in town. We can offer couples massage too! Couples massage in the open air yoga canopy can not be matched. We can travel to your hotel or casa if this makes it easier for you as mentioned in this review. Yoga and massage=BLISS!
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I Decided to visit Zen Yoga on a whim during our 12 day stay in SJDS. We were not expecting to be hooked into returning multiple times, but we had such a good experience with our teacher Kristin (one of several great instructors) that we ended up buying a multiple class pass for the duration of our trip. We enjoyed it so much that we recruited several groups from ur hostel to join us. This was a great place for beginners to learn, especially at the Vinyassa Basics sessions, and I would absolutely return here when I come back to SJDS.

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga Nicaragua, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thanks Matt. We love having you and your friends at Zen. Keep practicing and we await your return!
Tucson, Arizona
“Very Impressive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I met a girl in Guatemala and told her I just want to live by a beach and do lots of yoga. She directed me to Vanessa's studio called Zen Yoga Nicaragua in San Juan Del Sur. I went directly to SJDS to check it out. I have been a yogi for 12 years now - studied Ashtanga with the Pattabais Jois family in Mysore,India as well as Sivananda in Kerala, India. Began my journey with vigorous vinyasa Jivamukti influenced classes in New York City and now mostly Anusara classes in my current home town of Tucson, Arizona.

I was absolutely floored by the caliber of teachers at this studio. The studio itself is beautiful! No need to bring your own mat - mats are provided for free. Clean drinking water and fresh brewed tea is provided as well.

As far as the teachers go, you have your vigorous vinyasa flows, creative capoeira influenced fusion styles, relaxing restorative classes that you will need probably need:)

I stayed in SJDS for a whole month. Fell in love with it and just did yoga just about everyday. The teachers are super friendly and helpful even if you just need local info.

Thanks Vanessa for a special experience. Hope to see you guys soon!

Visited April 2012
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga Nicaragua, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thanks Howie! We LOVED having you at Zen. Dedicated to your practice and well being. Zen teachers are well trained and we are happy that you felt that and shared it as well. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We miss seeing your face and sharing our practice with you. Be well and stay in touch. Namaste~
Denver, Colorado
“Love Zen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent a week in SJDS a couple of weeks ago and Zen was one of the highlights of my trip. I wistfully look back on those beautiful, peaceful mornings in Zen's open air studio. I only took the 730 morning classes, but the instructors were great and I really felt like my yoga improved after only a week (i'm still focusing on the tips that I received there)! I also got a massage with my sister and our friend - 3 of us in the open air studio; such a great treat for a group of girls travelling together! It was an amazing massage and the studio was a perfect place for it - highly recommended! Vanessa (the owner) and her instructors are all so welcoming - I felt like i belonged in a way I never feel at my huge overcrowded studios at home even though I was only there for a week. Can't wait till my next trip - wish I could just move down there and go to Zen every day :).

Visited May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience. Please come again someday!