“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
Santa Cruz, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Exciting, thrilling way to experience the canopy. Very friendly staff, safety conscious. We even got to see some Howler monkeys. We are 50 and 60 years old and ready to do it again!

Visited June 2012

Fort Lauderdale
8 attraction reviews
“Great fun to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My friend and I decided to do this before we even left the states. I am nervous of heights but the first three "zips" down were not so bad. Then they longer, higher and faster I was not comfortable. Never fear! The guides zipped down the line with me and after one or two together I began to enjoy the sights. My friend was brave and enjoyed the he'll out of it. For $30usd you can't go wrong. It's close to town they pick you up at your hotel and bring you back. Would I do it again?... Maybe not, but it was a great adventure and I do recommend it.

Visited June 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

A bartender at a local bar set up this tour for us. After one conversation & call we had reservations for the next morning. For one price they picked us up from the hotel, did the tour and brought us home. The ride is only 5 min from town on a nice cattle ranch. The staff were great. The zip line guys were very friendly too. My friend was freaked out half way thru so one guide rode tandem with her the rest of the way. Me, I loved it. My right arm muscle is a little sore from braking and I have a tiny burn from the harness Digging but all-in-all I felt safe and secure.

San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
“A great experience high above SJDS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friend suggested we do a canopy tour on our visit to Nicaragua. I was very surprised since she is afraid of heights. With a bit of research, I concluded that Da Flying Frog would be the perfect match for us. It was very close to our hotel and they even picked us up. After a short drive with a four wheel drive jeep up in the hills, we and a young couple arrived at the office.

They suited us up with gloves, harnesses and helmets. I was amazed at how much all the equipment weighed. It's all in the name of safety. We did 5 "practice runs". They seemed hard, remembering how to hold your hands and when to start braking. The guides were expert and very attentive. After the five practice, there were 12 more to go! Some long, some short. We were always instructed whether we had to brake just at the end or brake the whole way. I only "came up short" twice - where I braked too hard and didn't quite make it to the platform. No worries, a guide came from behind and pushed me the rest of the way.

Up high, we did see and hear howler monkeys. They seem to respond when they heard the "hum" of the cables as we traversed them. The views were incredible. After maybe 7 or 8 platforms, I began to relax and feel confident enough in my braking skills to look around and really take in the view. The breeze felt great. We went in the morning - which I would recommend, before the heat sets in.

We both enjoyed ourselves and are happy that we can check off that experience on our bucket list.

I highly recommend this experience when you visit San Juan del Sur.

Visited May 2012
Vail, CO
6 attraction reviews
“Fast & Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

A group of us decided to try out Da Flying Frog Canopy Tours during our recent visit to San Juan del Sur. The price was very cheap so we weren't sure how good it was going to be. They drove us up to the top of the hill where the views of SJDS and the bay were amazing. Then they stared us out with 2 "practice" lines before getting into the longer zips. There were 3 guides that would spread out between the platforms, so you would do one line, get hooked right into the next, and then wait for the rest of the group to catch up after that. There wasn't a whole lot of standing around, they definitely kept you moving. There were a lot of lines and few of them were REALLY long! The views were great, the guides were fun, and we even got to see some howler monkies! I would definitely reccomend this to anyone visiting the area! We all had a great time!

Visited April 2012