“Perfect Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Estacion

You added La Estacion to your Saves list
La Estacion
Calle Costera | Ave. Central, Zona Costera, San Juan del Sur, San Juan del Sur 2568-2304, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Tamarac, Florida
“Perfect Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My boyfriend & I went to San Juan del Sur for the first time and didn't book a hotel. We walked to this hotel, and got a great room for a great price. Breakfast was included (from the restaurant in front), water was hot, AC really cold, and we could see the beach from our balcony & woke up to the sounds of the waves from the beach. Beach is literally a 2 minute walk from this hotel! You just cross the street and you're there! Only we had a problem with was the shower head. It was REALLY strong & hurt in some places lol, other than that it was great!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed here. It was nondescript. I can really only say about it is that it was clean and safe, but really had no personality. So many hotels or places to stay are beautiful with inviting garden courrtyards, and or great lobby area to hand out. The lobby at this place is really the living room of the family who own it and live on the ground floor. Not a welcoming place to hang out or be. The breakfast (which is included) is nothing special nor is it generous. We were told things like, "no this is not included" when asked about smoothles or hot chocolate There are great places in town for breakfast, so we skipped the breakfasts after our first day here and ate yummy breakfasts that were cheery and yummy within a block or two.
basically this is really just a place to sleep, there is no personality or beauty at this hotel that would seduce you otherwise.

Room Tip: I would look at other places with more personality and better value for what you get. It is clean an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Piedmont North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I know I swore that I would never go back to San Juan del Sur, but I accompanied a friend who assured me some things had changed since my last visit about 5 years ago. The road from Rivas is now paved, so travel time is cut in half. The town is much cleaner. There are some new restaurants that are quite good (Meson Espanol, for example). It is still not a place I would choose to visit. "Vibrant street life"? Really? If you like beer joints, old hippies (and young hippie wannabes), backpackers, etc., then I suppose you will find this perfect. It's just not my "scene".
As for this hotel, I have no complaints and it is far superior to the one I stayed in previously and actually priced lower. The reviews here are also accurate with regards to location, views, comfort, staff, breakfast, price, air-conditioning, hot water, etc.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two balconies (or wrap-around) if you like to watch what's going on in the str...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I did my reservation online and it was very safe and easy to do! they have shuttle service to the airport for a low cost so that was a plus, once I got there, I found a very nice service from the front desk clerk and the personnel, the rooms are very clean and they have a very good breakfast in the restaurant that it's already included on the rate! I pretty much like the place, it;s just in the middle of the main attractions!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean front have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

This place has excellent value. Breakfast is included at a restaurant across the road. our room was huge and with a double balcony overlooking the sunsets, beach and vibrant SJDS strip. The room is super clean - the cleaner actually moves the bed to sweep and mop under it. There's hot water. There is a tv with loads of chanels. The bed is big and comfy. They will do laundry. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed ourselves very much!

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

We got this hotel after selecting a bad hotel the first night. We stayed here 4 nights as we enjoyed it so much. We felt spoiled with the top floor, corner unit with wrap around balcony overlooking the beach!

Air conditioning worked well, but the ocean breeze through both balconies was great as well! Bed was a Kingsize and super comfortable. It was super clean which was very nice. The lady who cleaned went out of her way to do a great job!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included at a restaurant in the beach across the street which was also good. You get your choice of meals.

The location is perfect! Right in the centre of everything across the street from the beach!! We have nothing negative to say about our room and experience.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to La Estacion? Share your experiences!