“best bakery in nicaragua” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Pan De Vida is your brick oven bakery! We offer a fine selection of hand crafted artisan breads and sweets. Make your own pizza at the Saturday night pizza party, order a special occasion cake and don't forget the famous chocolate chip cookies!
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“best bakery in nicaragua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I lived in San Juan for 5 weeks and probably ate something from Pan de Vida 6 out of 7 days a week. Their cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies are to die for, especially when you're craving for a little taste from home.

• Visited July 2011

Asbury, New Jersey
“Addicted - Best Artisan Bread I Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Great breads, baked goods, infused oils, pizza rolls, and more. The people are extremely nice and welcoming. If you are in San Juan Del Sur or close you cannot miss going to Pan De Vida. Check out the custom built wood fired oven. If you go there once you will be back.

• Visited January 2011
Elkton, Maryland
“amazing bread and people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Pan De Vida is a wonderful bakery that has a wide variety of extremely good breads and treats. I made trips on a daily basis when I visited San Juan del Sur. We ordered a whole pizza bread roll (usually sold in pieces) and it was more than enough to satisfy myself and 4 other friends. I also highly suggest the hearth loaf and the garlic focaccia, great for snacking on at the beach. My friends and I were also lucky enough to be in town for one of their pizza nights. Pizza night is when they open the shop in the evening and you make your own pizza, work the dough, choose your ingredients and assemble them however you want. They cook them right in their brick oven and it's ready to go. Doesn't get any more fresh than that! Eric and Stephanie are both extremely nice people who will make you feel right at home. I think this is a must stop for anyone who visits.

• Visited December 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious bread, amazing cookies, friendly owners - best find in San Juan del sur!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was visiting San Juan del sur and stopped by Pan de Vida on my first day in town and sure enough I would end up coming back every single day until I left! The place is a cozy little brick-oven bakery (the owners build the oven themselves - impressive!) and the food is too good to miss. Both Eric and Stephanie are so welcoming and it was great to have fresh bread coupled with some great friendly faces each morning. I know that they even have made-from-scratch pizza nights but unfortunately I wasn't able to attend one of those...I guess there is a reason for me to come back now!

• Visited May 2010
Brookfield,Wisconsin
“Great bread and superb cookies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Pan de Vida is a cozy bakery in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua that specializes in hand made artisan breads and cookies baked in a wood fired brick oven. The bread is great and the cookies are as good or better than Mom's . Shh, don't tell Mom.

We were fortunate to be part of a "Pan de Vida Pizza Night". The folks at Pan de Vida do all of the work with preparing the pizza dough and making excellent home made toppings. Our "job" was to form the dough into a pizza shape (or close). Eric pre-cooks the pizza crust creations for a short time and then we place the toppings of our choice on the pizza. Eric bakes the pizzas in the wood fired oven. While the baking is being done, we socialized with others attending the pizza night. The pizza was great and they made a pasta salad and garlic bread to accompany the feast! They make some extra pizzas too and we got to take leftovers back to the B&B!

• Visited January 2011