Best view I have seen at any hostel. If your looking for somewhere to waste away your days and get drunk - this is the place for you. We ended up staying here 3 nights over the weekend, with a great 'all-you-can-drink boat cruise' on the Saturday and an all-you-can-drink bar on the Sunday (as 'Sunday Funday' was cancelled) which both involved a lot of alcohol. The staff were friendly and always up for a drink. The breakfasts were great, different daily.
When we checked out and saw our bill we noticed that some items were added on that we didn't buy. 2 dinners ($7 each) were eventually taken off the bill but we had to pay for 4 drinks ($2 each) we didn't buy (as the guy serving that night said he remembered me ordering the drinks - even though there were about 30 people at the bar and he had a few to drink as well). so make sure you check your bill before you pay and keep an eye on what you are ordering as they seem to not take much care in the tab system they have.
The drinking water is charged at $1 a day even if you don't drink any and the beer is cheaper next door at Naked tiger and dorms are over half price cheaper at naked tiger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and six 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private Queen rooms. All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :). We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this. We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur