I came here with the intention of staying for only three nights and three WEEKS later, I'm still here! Can not get enough of this place. Chilled vibes, great atmosphere, excellent staff and the best sunsets in the world! My best advice would be to wake up and enjoy the free breakfast, take the shuttle to the beach, return to Casa de Olas for the sunset (and happy hour 5-7pm [$1 beers!]) and finish the night with a delicious $7 dinner, served family style and cooked fresh daily by the excellent kitchen staff!
Make sure you contact the hostel at least 24 hours prior to arrival to check for availability. In the space of time that I have been here, I have seen many 'walk in' enquiries be declined due to hostel's constant occupation.
With no intentions of leaving anytime soon, I strongly advise all SJDS visitors to stay at Casa de Olas, it is bound to be the best stay of your travels.
P.S. The hostel contains a resident spider monkey by the name of Buzz. Once you have become friends, you will enjoy daily hugs and constant attention for the duration of your stay.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Hotel
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and three 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private King & Queen rooms.All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :).We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this.We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.