We were recommended to Casa De Olas by some one in Puerto Viejo, once he had shown us the pictures we were sold. We spent the rest of our trip through Costa Rica looking forward to Casa de Olas. When we arrived we weren't disappointed.
We were warmly welcomed by Fred and the rest of the staff. Our room was absolutely beautiful. It was a large, private with plenty of space and had lots of little luxuries (like fluffy towels!!) that added to our experience.
Our plan was to stay 3 nights, and then 7, and then 9 and when we finally left....we decided to go back again on our way back down to Costa rica. In total we spent 11 nights at Casa De Olas and had the time of our lives.
The food is great, breakfast is included which was an nice treat. The family meals on an evening were cheap and added that little bit of home comfort that is sometimes missing when you have been travelling for a while.
All I can say to anyone looking to find a hostel in San Juan Del Sur is head to Casa De Olas, we met some amazing people, ate great food, drank far too much (Shark attack and finger banging!), surfed, drank a little more and made friends for life.
Thank you Fred, Carla and Buzz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and six 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private Queen rooms. All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :). We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this. We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur