Many backpackers from Mexico to Nicaragua had recommended Case De Olas to us and we arrived planning to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying for 2 weeks. The rooms are private, clean, well appointed, with plenty of space (you can walk around the bed and their is room for your bags- Joy!) and best of all have beautiful linens, towels and quality mattresses and pillows, which was a find for "Hostel Budget". As the pictures show, the setting is stunning but Case De Olas crowning glory is most certainly the fantastic laid-back and homey vibe, all the guests opt to relax around the pool and bar area and talk to eachother which is a great forum for travel tips and the family-style dinners make it easy to meet new people from all over the world. Fred, Carla and their staff take personal interest in all of their Guests and we would not hesitate to recommend Casa de Olas to anyone, it makes a fantastic relaxing break from chicken buses and dirty hostels. Thank you so much for making our trip!
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Hotel
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and three 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private King & Queen rooms.All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :).We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this.We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.