Thank you Carla and Fred for working so hard to make this the most luxurious, homey, welcoming hostel we have ever stayed at! It's more like a resort than a hostel, with the amazing views, the beautiful rooms, the lovely stone work and gardens everywhere. Fred and Carla were so welcoming and accommodating of us, and the rest of the staff were so sweet and helpful as well! We loved the mid afternoon hot dogs by the pool, and popcorn at happy hour, and the delicious family dinners at night. It's a little ways out of town, but don't let that worry you, as it was never a hassle for us to get anywhere - Fred often helped coordinate outings into town, the beaches, and off to the National Parks. We are so glad we could stay with you and we will definitely be back! - Scott & Megan
P.S. Be sure to try one of Carla's delicious Mojito's, and be sweet to Buzz, as we love her!
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Hotel
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and three 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private King & Queen rooms.All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :).We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this.We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.