Can I give this place ten stars? If you are even thinking about a few days in San Juan del Sur, do it and stay at Casa de Olas. If you are worried about the out of town location, don´t because 1) you will never want to leave this little slice of paradise and 2) if you do want to go to a restaurant in town or to a beach, the owners will happily arrange for your transport (free to and from town and at a nominal cost for longer trips). The location means cooling breezes, quiet and a beautiful view of the bay. Casa de Olas is new and the place is just beautiful.
The real reason to stay is the people. Staying with Carla and Fred is like staying with old friends -- really, I gave Carla a hug when I left -- and their warmth creates a convivial atmosphere among the guests. We ate family dinner several times during our trip because the food was better and more reasonably priced than elsewhere in town -- and the company was better! I have never had a better hotel experience anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and six 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private Queen rooms. All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :). We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this. We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur