I stayed 3 days and nights in mid-September with Fred and Carla (and Buzz the monkey). Not only were they friendly and accomodating in every area, but Carla is very talented in the kitchen and the atmosphere is pleasant day or night. They offer guests a choice to participate in meals or do their own thing, and their organization and timing is very good. The rooms are large, comfortable and any need is attended too also in a timely manner. The pool is fantastic. It is one of the best pools/views in all of Playa San Juan Del Sur. I received a quality massage alongside the pool down by the veranda for a great price. I enjoyed conversations with both Fred and Carla, and also was able to have reliable internet for my work needs, which they showed great care in also. We enjoyed movie night, conversation and I enjoyed my stay. I found them to be genuine and caring hosts while also respecting client privacy...a good balance. I would recommend short or longer term stays highly. Cheers guys!!
Kenny - Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas is a unique place to stay. While some would consider us a hostel others consider us the ultimate B&B. We have dorm accommodation (an 11 bed dorm and six 6 bed dorms) for those traveling on a budget or in groups. We also accomodate the traveler looking for a little more comfort and privacy with private Queen rooms. All rooms have en-suites with Tropical Showers. (Note that when we say tropical shower we mean that the shower is not artificially heated and comes naturally from our well).We are a short drive or 5km walk (remember we are on a hill and not everyone likes walking hills) to San Juan del Sur beach. We want to be sure that this is clear :). We have an amazing view over the bay and town that provides epic sunsets. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience SJDS and the surrounding area including beaches, rain forest and Lake Nicragua.We have a shuttle service that runs at designated times each days, if you would like to travel into town outside of these times please let our staff know and they can advise how best to do this. We provide a free breafast for all guests. We also serve dinner 'family style' which means everyone sits down together for dinner.Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur