Everything from the unique thatch hut accommodations, hammocks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and amazing folks that make the place run; this place is awesome. The owners and staff are nothing but helpful, welcoming, fun and chill; you'll be friends with everyone by the end of the first day. We were there to surf, meet fellow travelers, get our yoga on and speak Spanish. This is the place for all of those things. You'll have to search a bit for the spanish portion, however the staff is so great you'll be able to kick up a conversation in no time.
We stayed in one of the Cottages and it was definitely a great and one of a kind experience. Comfortable, remote-feeling with most of the necessities, beautiful wood work, tons of space and good beds.
Be prepared for some internet challenges; however I'm almost positive this is a Nicaragua issue and not Maderas Village, as I personally watched the owners trying to fix downtimes, doing everything they can to make sure their guests are happy.
We were definitely stoked on the food set up as well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with healthy options; and dinner is served community style with your new friends every night. Be ready for around $20 per day 'cause their set up is pretty much your only option; but it's a great one to have.
Go here, surf here, stay at The Maderas Village; meet new friends, laugh with Black Tsunami, think about never leaving, be enlightened by Black Jesus, learn about local living & speak some spanish by chatting it up with the staff......enjoy.
- Also Known As:
- The Maderas Village Hotel
- The Maderas Village Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- The Maderas Village Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at Maderas Beach, about 20 minutes outside of San Juan del Sur. We offer a three daily meals, either a la carte or as part of a pre-fixe menu. We are like a boutique hotel, but less pretentious. We love people who want a place to surf, read, debate, and do yoga daily; who want to lose themselves in a place, and find themselves in the people. We offer tailored packages for short-term guests and very reasonably priced rates for people planning to stay longer than 3 weeks. We are not in Lonely Planet or other guidebooks; we like having to be found. ... more less