“best time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
sjds
“best time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

blue and jamie are the best! never thought i would get a rush from horseback riding, everyone gets the right horse for their ability and comfort level. Blue and Jamie are really genuine good people who love their animals and what they do, add to that a great location, animals, scenary and pool and you have one of if not the best day trips in nicaragua! thanks rancho chilamate!!

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Unreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Can't begin to put into words the day my fiance and I had at Rancho Chilamate. Blue and Jamie are so open and welcoming and just amazing people all around. The ride it self is something you just have to experience for yourself to understand the beauty of it all!

LaGrange, GA
8 attraction reviews
“The Best Ride of Your Life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Let me begin by saying we live on a horse farm. Group rides are usually dull. Not so at Rancho Chilamate. While we have been riding for many years, the prospect of riding on the beach was an opportunity we did not want to miss. We are so glad we did, more on that in later.

Jamie and Blue are real professionals. Their horses are well trained and they will match your riding skills with the right horse. It is perfect for the first time rider to my rodeo-riding daughter. The groups are small. They have everything you need - cowboy boots, hats, jeans and even the bandana. Just show up ready to have the time of your life.

You start the ride at their Hacienda. You ride through the little community, across fields, rivers and end up the most beautiful beach in the world. After a little “liquid courage” you can run or gallop on the beach and in the surf! The horses actually love it.

I can best sum up the ride this way. We did our ride on Christmas Eve. On the way back to the barn, my college student, rodeo-riding daughter rode up next to me and said "Dad this is the best Christmas, since I believed in Santa Claus." My 18 year old son said "Yea Dad, me too!" It does not get any better than that!

One last tip - Blue is a real professional photographer. Take advantage of it. Wear the cowboy gear, and take her advice. She will take some amazing photos.

Visited December 2012
Grandview, Missouri, United States
“your chance to ride a horse on the beach and have it captured on quality film”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Blue and Jamie are super friendly and great tour guides. Their knowledge and connections with their neighbors made the tour very enjoyable and fun. I felt more connected to Nicaragua and its people after the tour. I've always dreamt of riding a horse on a beautiful beach! It was so exhilarating and fun. Not to be missed if you have a chanced to visit SJDS.

“Amazing must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We've taken this amazing ride on both trips to Nicaragua. I can't imagine going to Nicaragua with out horseback riding with Jamie & Blue. This journey makes the trip even more amazing. I would recommend with out a doubt!!!