“Great fun and great deals!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport is your adventure center in town. They can offer a variety of activities for all levels of adrenaline. They have over 20 different activities to choose from. Surfing, Fishing, coastal cruises, surfing lessons and turtle tours to name a few. All you need for a great vacation. Informative and Friendly staff with top of the line boats and equipment. English,Portuguese,French and Spanish spoken.
4 attraction reviews
“Great fun and great deals!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

We did the surf lessons at Hermosa beach. It was awesome!
And the sunset /fishing trip was great too! Great views! Good value for your money!

New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
“Sunset, Music, Fishing & Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

A great way to spend an afternoon. These guys will take care of all your needs. We had a great time. Caught some excellent fish, which we enjoyed that same evening! It doesn't get much better than that!

Visited November 2011
South Lake Tahoe, California
13 attraction reviews
“One of the best fishing trips I've been on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We chartered their small panga for a decent price (half of what you would pay in Mexico, so we kinda thought we should splurge). The only problem - we didn't have four people, only two. Bcause it was the same price regardless, we grabbed the son of the lady we were staying with and his friend Marvin and took them with us. There were two guides on the boat, and the trip was about four hours. The boat trolls around in various spots and you actually get to reel the fish in yourself, not just at the end like some other lame fishing charters. It was really beautiful too - they take you almost all the way down to Costa Rica! We saw HUNDREDS of turtles in the water (mostly concentrated near Playa La Flor, where they nest), lots of birds, and of course FISH! We caught eight fish that day: three white tuna, a black tuna, 2 mackarel, and two Jack. We took most of them home and the owner of our hotel cooked them up for us for the next three nights. The staff at San Juan Surf and Sport were friendly and informative in the office but were not pushy (like many other tour places, which just ends up annoying me and I leave). They transport you to and from the boat, and were very nice and helpful, pointing out all the beaches, scenery, and animals along the way. They filleted all the fish for us too at the end of the trip. Beer, gatorades, and fresh fruits are included on the trip as well. I think all four of us had an awesome time and it was well worth the money.

Visited November 2011
San Juan Del Sur
“fishing and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Booked a fishing trip with SJDS surf and sport. We left SJDS at 5 am for a all day fishing trip, there were 4 of us and we had a blast. There were not a lot of fish caught, but the scenery, the ocean and the crew made it all worth it. If your in SJDS Nicaragua, be sure to booked a trip with Dario.

Visited October 2011
Oakland
“Best day ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I met Dario while surfing with two expat locals at Playa Yankee. He invited me to join his group for the day and it turned out to be the best day during my 10 day stay in SJSD. Plucked straight out of the water after surfing, I got to snorkel and watched the others use some high-tech equipment to spearfish. The numerous turtles that I saw made me so happy. We got dropped off at Yankee later in the afternoon for a surf sesh #2 and afterwards, we zoomed out in deeper waters to do some fishing. Heading back at high speed back to the docks as the sun was setting was so gorgeous and I felt so lucky to have had the opportunity to do some things I had never done before. Both Dario and the boat driver, Luis made me feel welcome and made sure I had a great time.

Visited September 2011