“NSR is Perfect for Surfers and non-Surfers Alike!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NSR San Juan Del Sur

NSR San Juan Del Sur
We can't find prices for this accommodation
NSR San Juan Del Sur
Save Saved
You added NSR San Juan Del Sur to your Saves list
Del Texaco, 50m al Norte, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua   |
Oahu, Hawaii
“NSR is Perfect for Surfers and non-Surfers Alike!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you are planning on spending any time in San Juan Del Sur, the NSR condo is perfect for surfers and non-surfers. My wife and I stayed with the NSR family three nights and went to them to set up all of our travel arrangements throughout our two-week stay in Nicaragua.

The rooms (2 of them) are located inside the family condo/compound and surf shop at the entrance to SJDS, at the head of a quiet little local neighborhood. A quick walk (20meters) into town, but just enough outside to provide plenty of peace and quiet. The rooms are spacious with vaulted ceilings, super cold A/C, fan, TV, and are within the larger, but open-air condo structure which is secured by locked gate and paid security. Not only did NSR provide us with excellent accommodations(and killer fish tacos one evening), Bryan, Heather (over 6 years of living in Nicaragua) and the rest of the NSR staff (local guys) used their extensive local knowledge and connections to arrange everything from awesome ziplining tours (which they get a discount for!), well-priced accommodations in other areas of Nicaragua (like Playa Colorado, Rancho Santana, etc.), fishing, snorkeling, and private (READ: safe) transportation to/from the airport and to anywhere in the country. NSR also has a ton a really nice surf boards to rent and, from what other customers told me, they offer top quality surf lessons, and surf photography (hire your own surf photographer to document your sessions in the water).

If not for the selfless help of Bryan and his crew at NSR I am sure that our honeymooon to Nicaragua could not have turned out as perfect as it did. We were working with a relatively tight budget so the crew at NSR helped us to make each dollar/cordoba count. No bad decisions, no bad trips, no bad hotels, no bad restaurants and no bad experiences thanks to their local knowledge and willingness to offer advice and arrange things for us though they were not profiting from it in terms of money (no commission, etc.)
For all these reasons and more, I emphatically recommend NSR for all your needs in Nicaragua and for a great place to stay in SJDS!! Lance (Ventura, CA)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

NSR is the perfect place to stay for a surfing vacation in the SJDS area. We surfed, spearfished and SUP'd, and explored the area. It was all made very easy and fun by the owner Bryan and his family and friends. They basically know everything about the area and I would recommend it to anyone staying in this region.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

NSR stole my heart! This place is great! Being two female travelers we wanted something safe and that was close to town but not in the mix so to speak and NSR was perfect! The place was clean, cute and in a good location and we always felt safe and secure even coming home late at night.

EVERYONE that works there is amazing, so helpful with recommendations or anything you might need really. Unfortunately we were too lazy go surfing but next time we will not miss it. Heather & Brian are the best host & hostess with tons of info of things to do or places to go. The rest of the staff are just as great and pretty funny too. It was hard to move on to our next destination. I am already ready to go back... Thank you NSR for a great time!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Stayed at NSR and we are already making our plans to go back. Everything was taken care of for us. Instuctors were really helpful and we got out everything we wanted out of our trip. The whole town is walking distance from NSR. We felt really safe there. If you are looking for a place to stay this is your place. Look no further.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
R.I.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was my fourth trip to San Juan del Sur and I lalways look for clean, quiet, simple, and safe lodging with walking access to town. I've had good luck with rooms but thought I would try someplace different this trip.

So I spent the month at NSR and found that it was a really comfortable place to stay. The proprietors are nice, friendly, resourceful , flexible, and respect your privacy.

I plan to return to San Juan for a lengthy trip and will definitely see if NSR has a room for me then.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
docside23
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I just got back from a wonderful surf trip with NSR. We initially thought NSR was simply a reliable daily surf forecast, but we soon found out that it is a one-stop shop for hotel, surf trips, and access to very high quality board rentals. I would especially recommend this hotel for experienced surfers who are looking for a reliable and affordable base to put your stuff down and hunt for surf. Perhaps the best feature of NSR is the sense of hospitality from both the owners (Bryan and Heather) and their surf staff (Roberto and Miguel). With the combined benefits of free internet, access to great surf and staff, and affordability, I can assuredly say that we will be staying here again in the near future. For surfers and non-surfers alike, NSR is your best bet in San Juan.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I can't say enough good things about the NSR house. We spent 5 weeks there and it was nothing shy of perfect. The place has it all, it's very clean, new , spacious, has new beds, hot water, air conditioning, 24 hour security, board rentals, internet access, and easy access to anything in town.
What really makes the NSR house the best place in town is not the amenities, but the people behind the place. We always felt welcome. I must make a special mention to Brian, Heather, Carl, D-lite, Roberto, Miguel, and of course Edwin. You guys all showed us such a great time and were on so many occasions very helpful. Because of the diversity of the people at the NSR house it was always easy to get information, find things, learn a little history, get a helping hand or just have someone to hang out with. I would strongly recommend the place to anyone and already have to my closest friends and family.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to NSR San Juan Del Sur? Share your experiences!