“Truely Wonderful Learning Environment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Latin American Spanish School

Latin American Spanish School
Avenida Real | North side of Central park, San Juan del Sur, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
505 - 25682158
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Latin American Spanish School is a non profit company, the owners are teachers from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with more than 13 years of teaching Spanish like second language. We offer many different courses for all levels, beginner to advanced, and special courses for professionals, travelers, investors, children and more. Come and learn Spanish living like a Nicaraguan people in a nica-families, knowing and living our culture affected for many years for the U.S.A policy!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 attraction reviews
“Truely Wonderful Learning Environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I studied at this spanish school in the beautiful village of San Juan Del Sur for a month and also did their home-stay program.....both were fantastic, i had arranged over the internet with Mariel, who was great and very responsive, and when i arrived i couldn't find my hotel and so called in at the school and was welcomed with open arms, it was lovely, My profesora Vanessa was AMAZING, the patience of a saint, and made my learning experience, i learned more than i ever imagined possible in 4 weeks, i now live in south america and can get along fine in daily life. I had never studied spanish before.

I Can not recommend this school highly enough, professional, organized and great learning atmosphere, also the homestay was a great way to learn about Nicaraguan culture and food......Continúe el buen trabajo muchachas :)

Visited December 2012

CA
7 attraction reviews
“Good Experience but With Room for Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four (kids ages 8 & 10) took lessons with LASS this month and the experience overall was positive. We found that the teachers were approachable and willing to work with us and our varying needs and preferences. While we all made progress, I was a bit disappointed by the amount of time that was spent by the teachers writing down basic words/sentences or creating activities by hand (i.e.word search, drawing pictures of words, etc.) for us. I believe that the time would be better spent actually practicing the pronunciation and learning the grammar of the language rather than watching them draw/write as that type of information could easily be reproduced from a master document. The discussions about Nicaraguan history and politics were very enlightening and educational for us adults. Overall I would recommend LASS.

Visited August 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Recieved more than I bargained for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I did a foreign exchange program through our University in Texas. We had no idea what to expect and were so happy and suprised by what we found. We took a total of 45 hours of Spanish over a 2 1/2 week span, and made life friends with our profesoras! They are so welcoming and invite you to be apart of their lives and community. Before we left, we felt more at home than anywhere else we had ever traveled to in the past! Now, I can understand conversational Spanish and have a conversation with locals! Love this place and if you take a class in San Juan del Sur, this is the place!

Visited July 2013
Woodstock, Canada
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

my husband and I were fortunate to take lessons at this school for 2 weeks. We stopped by on a Monday with short notice and they were able to set us up with private lessons immediately. The staff is very professional and welcoming. Lessons were well planned. I was concerned that 4 hours per day would be too much- but the time sped by! The school is well set up in the centre of town. We felt like part of the community after a short while and were able to watch community events from the balcony of the school.

Do not hesitate to take lessons here at this great school in this wonderful small town on a beautiful beach and its welcoming inhabitants!

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“Awesome spanish school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I only went for 5 days, only classes, 4 h each day so it was intense but I learned so much. I already knew the basics, which made it easier for me to handle so many new things in such a short time i think.. My teacher Vanessa was so kind and sweet and we really got along. This experience was perfect for me and really gave me a kick to go out and talk and practice my spanish with people in the streets. Thanks a lot LASS!! / Frida

Visited January 2013