From the moment I emailed to inquire about lodging, Karen and Roy couldn't have been anymore accommodating. They responded promptly and even arranged a taxi for me from Ometepe to Empalme.
Once I arrived, they greeted me with a cold beer, a quick tour of the place (first-rate cabins) and an even quicker trip down to the nearest beach. From there, Roy introduced me to their awesome Aussie neighbors.
Roy and Karen were always asking how they could make the trip better. Roy was more than willing to drive the guests to a nearby beach when needed, play cards or just talk until the lights go out. Karen cooked up a great breakfast and dinner, and they both made sure all the guests felt included.
Overall, it's a beautiful part of the world and Roy and Karen's Empalme only makes it more special.
I highly recommend the Empalme.
- Also Known As:
- Empalme a Las Playas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Empalme a Las Playas Hotel
- Empalme a Las Playas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true nature lover and beach goer treat. Spacious and quiet bamboo cabanas sitting in the jungle canopy above the river showcasing howler monkeys and many varieties of birds and wildlife. Within walking distance of Playa Marsella and Playa Maderas, said to be one of the best surf breaks in Nicaragua. A great place to relax, surf, trek and enjoy the natural beauty that is Nicaragua. We are as close to a nature reserve/eco lodge as can be without going through all the legalities to get the "stamp" of approval. Enjoy personal service and feel like you are at your home away from home. Offering personal service and satisfaction! ... more less