When my family and I chose to stay here, we didn't realize how far out the way Mango Rosa actually was from the town of San Juan del Sur, and the beaches. Looking at it on the map was a bit deceiving. However, it was still a great experience. When we arrived, we were supposed to be in a one bedroom bungalow, but there were a couple of maintenance issues, so Greg put us in a two bedroom instead for no extra charge. He said that he wanted us to have a good experience while we were there.
Overall, the food was very good, but I don't recommend the grilled lobster and linguine.
The staff and Greg were always very friendly. Greg was kind enough to drop us off at Playa Madera for a day of surfing and then offered to pick us up at the end of the day.
The place we stayed in was very spacious and had a full kitchen. The only issue we had were the bugs. Flying ants, large red ants, and mosquitoes were the main issue. Every time we would walk in, we'd have to kill a large amount of these bugs just so we'd feel comfortable falling asleep at night. Just make sure you have bug spray to prevent mosquito bites.
Also, if you want your place cleaned while you're staying there, you have to tell them you want it cleaned.
If you're looking for peace and quiet, this is definitely the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Rosa is the ultimate jump off point for adventure and travel around San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Situated seemingly in the middle of the jungle, but only a short drive to the beach or town. Mango Rosa is a full-service resort providing the perfect combination of comfort and escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mango Rosa Nicaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Rosa Nicaragua Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Mango Rosa Hotel
- Mango Rosa Nicaragua San Juan Del Sur