“Helpful front desk” 3 of 5 stars

Mekong River International Youth Hostel
and 1 more site!
You added Mekong River International Youth Hostel to your Saves list
Mekong River International Youth Hostel
Jinglan international No. G building Menglong Rd(facing to Caiqingchun restaurant), Jinghong 666100, China   |
4.0 of 5 stars 8 Reviews
“Helpful front desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I didn't actually stay here but I did consult the front desk person who was quite helpful in helping me with my inquiries. This is a Youth Hostel group but for some reason it is not listed on the YHA website. I would have stayed here if I had known earlier. This hostel is at the center of town and close a coffee shops full of other fellow travelers.

Stayed May 2013

Families
Solo
Business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Our recent stay at this hostel was very short lived. We were on town for 3 days and had trouble getting around and finding information. Our previous hotel was real nice and only 60yuan per night, yet English was nonexistent. We needed help getting buses and finding our way to treks and out of town so figured it would be worth it to pay extra. Long story short, we found this hostel a night and the girls at desk were very nice, although not too knowledgable. So we figured we would give it a shot. Nice area. Anyway, when we checked in the man at the counter was not friendly at all. When we aske if we could put down our big bags in the room first to find our passports, he said "okay I you must, but it's harder on me that way". In the room, which was 128yuan there is no dresser or closet, barely a "balcony" and a shower with a toilet that is actually behind glass, so your partner can see you using the toilet. Anyway. We go down to look at the map and get Info on the garden, which is trip advisers #1 thing to do in the city. He said there is no such thing! When I repeated myself, he gave me a very dirty look and then looked backdown without saying anything. I then asked him about getting to Yiwu, he said it as if he had never heard of it. After another 2-3 minutes of this, I finally had to say something. I asked him how he expects foreigners to get around. He said to use the wifi. Then I said what about a bus to the garden or to Yiwu. He said, "if you have any questions about getting around you can go ask at the bus station". Ihad it with him. I asked for a map, he gave me one in Chinese. I asked for English and he shook his head.

We were very kind and easy from the beginning. He had a terrible attitude, spoke good English but it was entirely useless truly. Do not stay here. Even if it's cheap. The local hotels are nicer and u won't have to deal with some guy. No wifi in the rooms anyway. I say get your info before or go to one of the cafes. We ended up asking for a Refund and left.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Mekong River International Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mekong River International Youth Hostel

Address: Jinglan international No. G building Menglong Rd(facing to Caiqingchun restaurant), Jinghong 666100, China
Location: China > Yunnan > Jinghong
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Specialty Lodging in Jinghong
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Mekong River International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Mekong River International Youth Hostel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.