“Prices are bogus. Rooms are ok” 3 of 5 stars

You added Huntingdon Motor Inn to your Saves list
Huntingdon Motor Inn
6920 Motor Inn Drive, Huntingdon, PA 16652   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Huntingdon
“Prices are bogus. Rooms are ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The trip advisor says the room rates are $34 to $50. No such price on checking. $65 plus tax for a double bringing it to $70.
Poor wifi overall

• Stayed July 2012

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is a throwback to the 1950's, but it's clean and comfortable and priced nicely. I've stayed here several times when vacationing in Huntingdon. The shower is hot, the AC unit works well, and my room had actually been renovated. My wife really liked the vanity outside the bathroom; gave us both a chance to get ready in the morning. My room had a microwave and refrigerator. It did not have a coffee maker, so i had to trek to the lobby each morning for their free coffee. Location is good for Huntingdon, right off business RT 22, but high enough on the hill not to be too noisy (especially with the HVAC fan running).

Room Tip: Some rooms have coffee makers, so be sure to request that when you reserve.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I wasn't thinking of staying here until I read the other reviews which were quite good. So, I decided to follow the advice of the Tripadvisor Community and give it a go. I'm glad I did. Despite the age of the property it is very well maintained. The receptionists were pleasant and one is on duty in the office at all times, which I've found rare for independently owned motels. Although there is no breakfast of any kind, there is free coffee offered 24/7. I reserved a "king" room #42 (see pics) that was very clean. No moldy or other strange odors were detected. The air/heating unit responded well and was relatively quite. Although there was a fridge, it was unhooked ( I guess to save electricity and keep it clean), but it worked well and chilled fast (note: I was there over a three day period). The wireless internet worked great, no problems with hot/cold water, and the drainage in the sink/tub was good. The location was good too. A couple of minutes by car to a nearby Wal-mart center and the downtown, and right next door to a Pizza Hut, and across the street from a small strip mall and Hoss's restaurant. The total from my room came to around $63/day, but the motel does not have AAA discounts. But, the already low prices make up for that. I plan on staying here again in June. If you can do without some of the "frills" such as continental breakfasts, gyms, and pools, then this place will be perfect for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Falls, PA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I traveled to Huntingdon for a funeral and needed a place to stay overnight. I was traveling with my Labrador Retriever so I needed a place that would allow pets. After checking Tripadvisor, I made the reservation. (Note: pets add an additional $10 per night)

This is an older property, but don't be scared by that. All entrances are to the outside. It appears that at least the rooms have been freshened up recently as the bathroom had newer fixtures. My room was clean and fresh smelling. Everything was in order and everything worked properly. The room included a microwave and a refrigerator.

The price was very good and even with the extra charge for my dog, was still well under what other local hotels wanted. Overall this is a great value for someone like me that needed a clean room to sleep in overnight and to get a shower in the morning. If you need other amenities like a swimming pool or an excercise room, this is not your place to stay, but if you just need a place to sleep, give Huntingdon Motor Inn some serious consideration.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We are so glad we took a chance on this place. Whenever we are in the vicinity this is where we will stay. Extremely clean, beds comfortable, everything that you need and at a great price.
Scenery was absolutely gorgeous...restaurant down the hill was very good! Most of all the people running the place could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Very friendly and informative of the area also. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

Have stayed here at least 10 times now. Never had a bad experience. I know the place don't look like much from the outside. But don't let the old motel look fool you.very very clean everyone is very nice rooms are big showers have great water pressure!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night at the Inn. We loved that the price was VERY affordable and that our room was clean. The Inn is easy to get to, and is surrounded by many attractions, such as restaurants and stores (grocery and liquor) which was helpful. We arrived earlier than expected, and check-in wasn't until a few hours later. However, the clerk at the front desk was reasonable, and allowed us to check into another room that was ready for check-in which we were pleased about. We very much enjoyed our stay, and if ever traveling back to Huntingdon, we will choose Huntingdon Motor Inn again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Huntingdon Motor Inn? Share your experiences!