“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Wilmington, Delaware
“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Boxer's is a quintessential central Pennsylvania bar dining experience - good food, great service, and an atmosphere that can't be found elsewhere. I grew up in the beautiful Allegheny mountains, and I can tell you, this is as authentic an experience as you can get, a place where visitors and locals happily mix. Even though decades have passed, when I am at Boxer's, it feels like I never left!

There's an honest and sincere attitude in this part of the country that comes through in the food and service. We had clam chowder, smoked salmon, baked roast beef, and waffle fries - all well prepared, served with a smile, and reasonably priced.

The bar is decorated with hundreds of objects. The only reason this review is a 4 rating instead of a 5 is that, even though the parts of the restaurant you see when you are seated (floor, tables, bar) are clean, the objects (although they certainly add interest) could use a good cleaning - not a reason to stay away - but good to know to avoid a surprise that may not sit well with some customers.

All in all, a good value, and a great experience!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boonsboro, Maryland
“Great for vegetarians!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Small place with great food! Portions were not overwhelming and we each still had room for a slice of their fantastic pies! We both loved our sandwiches, desserts and even our drinks...organic apple juice and fresh squeezed OJ...what a treat. Would have gone back for lunch the next day if our schedule had allowed!

Visited October 2013
Huntingdon
“Very large burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is not very big inside, however they have the best burgers and fries you ever ate. You know when the attorneys in town eat there that the food is excellent! I Love this place!

Visited September 2013
Cooper City, Florida
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been visiting my family in Huntingdon for as long as a can remember. I have passed by Boxer's a million times, yet last night was the first night I ate there. What a great place. I loved the atmosphere, people of all ages, couples, families, and individuals enjoying great food, great beer, in a great place. I'm a sucker for sustainability and was very aware of the menu being printed on recycled paper with soy ink. Also, they use as much local and organic foods as possible. Not to mention, the great sustainable take out containers....NO styrofoam! Okay, onto the food. I had no trouble finding great meal choices without meat or dairy. I had a Boxerito without cheese and it was great.Side order of guac. We ordered a medium fry to share. It was plenty and they were delicious! My son loved the assortment of beer (which is what brought us to Boxers). He is lover of IPAs and Boxers was the perfect place. Overall, our meals were very good and the service was great. We had a great waiter. The place was packed, but we were seated right away. I would highly recommend a visit to Boxers Cafe. I know I will be back each time I visit. Also, it's a great fit with Rothrock Outfitters next door.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very busy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

From the outside this place doesn't look like much. Look inside and you will find a tiny little bar/restaurant with a very different menu. Not your typical bar food. This place gets packed during lunch so if you plan to have lunch, go early before the lunch rush or you will not get a seat. Because of this restaurant's location, parking is sometimes a problem so you may have to walk a bit.

Visited July 2013