“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Huntingdon
Wilmington, Delaware
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to stay at the Fairfield Inn, but it was booked. This was our second choice. The rooms were decent, the kids found a dirty sock next to the bed. We requested a room on the front side of the hotel and didn't have any issues with train noise. We stayed here while visiting family in Mt. Union, it's probably the closest hotel. I would prefer to stay in an all smoke free hotel. Although the hotel didn't smell like smoke, it smelled like some chemical they used to cover up the smell of smoke. Mostly in the lobby and common area, our room was fine. The pool was small but worked for us for only a quick winter weekend getaway. The breakfast was good but seating was difficult because of the small area. The breakfast attendant was nice and opened up a second, larger room for breakfast but it was freezing in that room. Needless to say, we ate quickly and moved along. Overall, it wasn't bad but I would definitely prefer to stay at the Fairfield Inn next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed the concerns that you mentioned with housekeeping. Also I wanted to let you know that we recently reduced the amount of smoking rooms that we offer to our guests. I hope that you give us another try. Please call me so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is excellent.

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As far as I'm concerned this is the ONLY hotel in Huntingdon. I've been staying here for over 4 years since my kids are at the local college. Clean rooms, reasonable prices. The free breakfast makes it convenient and has a lot of options. The staff is the hotel's strong suit--very friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Yes, the train does pass the hotel, but there's really not much we can do about that!

Room Tip: If the sound of the train bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MackLack7
Thank you for your kind comments. We value the relationships that we have developed with our Juniata College parents. I agree with you about our staff. We constantly hear from our guests that we have a warm, friendly, helpful staff. We understand that the people that work in our hotel are as important as the way we clean and maintain our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Alexandria, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel near shopping and restaurants. The rooms have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. The continental breakfast is also very nice with many options. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Huntingdon. I am also pleased that you appreciated the many options that we provide on our full hot breakfast as part of your stay. Please come see us again soon.
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The only issue with this hotel is that rooms to the back of the building can hear the train whistle all night BUT if you are in a room in the front of the building, you should not be bothered.
I have staying in this hotel on 3 separate occasions. I have also stayed at the "other" three star hotel in town on 2 separate occasions. I prefer this Comfort Inn. All of the staff that I have encountered are very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is great and is open until 10am (at the "other" hotel breakfast is available until 9 or 9:30am depending on weekday or weekend) and if you arrive at breakfast just a little late it's not a problem. This past weekend, they were still serving breakfast at 10:30am to accommodate the hotel guests. At the "other" hotel, the breakfast buffet was cleaned and locked up promptly at 9:30 on a weekend. The rooms at this Comfort Inn are clean, large, comfortable and the rates are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel to avoid noise from the train.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found are staff to be friendly and accommodating. We try to be both intuitive and flexible to all of our guests needs. Thank you for being a return guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location of this hotel is not bad, it is just off Rt 522 on the way into Huntingdon. The trains mentioned in some of the reviews didn't bother me, but the condition of the hotel did. I reserved a non-smoking room, and they gave me a room on the third floor, which is a smoking floor. The hallway had cigarette ashes in the carpet and smelled like an old ashtray. It was strong enough that even inside my room it was almost overbearing. My room was marked as a non-smoking room, but I don't understand why they would put a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. The hotel itself was run-down...the carpet was worn, the elevator made strange noises, etc. This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in, both in the condition of the hotel and the cleanliness of it. I would definitely recommend staying away from this one, especially since it is more expensive than some of the other choices in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately it sounds like we did not live up to your expectations. We try to balance the needs of both our smoking and non-smoking guests. We limit our smoking guests to a few rooms located in one specific place in the hotel. I suspect that you were in a room that was located near this part of the hotel. I am sorry that you were able to smell the smoke. Please call me so that I can discuss your stay with you in greater detail.

Kurt Stull
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall, the hotel was clean and what you get for the money. The breakfast was great, and the pool as clean. However, the trains going back and forth were horrible. We had a room in the back and counted 19 times throughout the night the train went back and forth. If you are a light sleeper, this hotel is not for you. I called and requested the room to be moved to front, but they were completely full. If you can sleep through this, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad that other than the trains you enjoyed your stay with us. For guests that are light sleepers we do suggest rooms on the front of the hotel. We do have many guests that do request rooms on the back so that they can see the trains as they pass. Please visit us again and request a room on the front of the hotel.
sparta, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here because nothing available in State College. It's a 45 minute drive....through the "mountains" on windy, DARK roads. Speed limit on 26 S from State College for trucks is 20 mph....fortunately did not get behind a truck. The road has an 8% grade in some spots. Hotel staff were friendly. Got extra towels which I needed. The room was clean - I was in pet friendly room so the carpet was highly industrial and the room smelled like disinfectant (better than dog smell though). The sheets seemed like they were 100 years old...worn very thin and the blanket was a little scary. However, my dog could stay so for me that makes the place for me. Deposit is $50 for dog which you get back if you pass inspection at checkout. Lawn in front is free from pet messes so either owners are courteous or the hotel maintains area. Nice to know you can walk your dog without fear of stepping in messes everywhere. Breakfast is the standard Comfort Inn breakfast - something to get you started. Flat screen TV with lots of cable channels. Keurig coffee maker in room. If you are a light sleeper beware you are near the railroad tracks and several times during the night very LONG trains came through with the whistle blowing. That's why I give the hotel a poor on sleep quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel.

Although the drive from State College can be a little bit dark in the evening, it is a beautiful scenic drive during the day. I am glad that you did mention our friendly hotel staff because we feel that we have a great customer focused staff. I am sorry to hear that the sheets were less than what you expected. Please be assured that we have removed all sheets that were less than 100% since your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve all areas of our hotel in all areas and I am confident that you will notice these changes should you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Raystown Lake
The Atherton Hotel
The Atherton Hotel
#16 of 26 in State College
3.5 of 5 stars 361 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Hampton Inn State College
Hampton Inn State College
#12 of 26 in State College
4.0 of 5 stars 347 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!