“Clean and comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars

The Mill Stone Manor Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11979 William Penn Highway, Huntingdon, PA 16652   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Huntingdon
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Clean and comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable, and recently renovated - new bathroom, carpet, and furniture. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that it's expensive for a nonchain motel in a rural area; you can find a cheaper room in the vicinity without having to stay in a seedy place. If you're looking for an alternative to a chain hotel, this place is very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
buffalo, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend & I attended 2 days of the Creation Festival in late June. Most of the "chain" motels were booked. I found this place online. The mini-suite w/ 2 separate rooms looked good. So I took a chance. As we got close to arriving we joked how pictures can be made to look good online and not to expect too much. Wow, were we surprised. The rooms were clean w/ comfortable beds. Each room had a widescreen TV w/ an incredible number of channels. The A/C worked great. There is a train that goes by periodically, but w/ the beds so comfortable, we hardly noticed. We did not partake of the continental breakfast, but we did bring late night food back to the room but forgot plates, silverware, & napkins. The late night clerk gave us all we needed. If I go to this festival again, there is no doubt where I will stay. Thank you Mill Stone Manor!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warsaw, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked a two night stay here, as our preferred Hotel in Huntingdon was completely booked up. Upon our arrival we walked into the office to check in, and was about taken back by the smell of cigarette smoke. When I asked where the continental breakfast was served, she stated "in here." I immediately thought who would want or could stand to eat in here - gross! We went to our room and noticed ear plugs sitting on the bedside stand. As suspected, a train came by across the road blowing its horn approx every 20 minutes, day and night! There was a urine drip down the front of the toilet from a previous guest, and although the floor appeared clean, it wasn't. No iron or blow dryer in the rooms, and the continental breakfast blew. Not even a donut hole to be found. Trying to overlook the flaws, we attempted to get on the internet several times. It ended up the internet was down the entire weekend, and nobody seemed to care very much. It was $99 a night (prices jacked up this weekend due to nearby graduation) and was very substandard for the price. I would never stay here again unless it was a "last resort" type of situation again. I do have to say that the staff was always friendly and respectful. If your not at all fussy, I guess it would be fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were re routed w/ an oversize load & running out of daylight. We came across this just in time. It was very easy to get truck & trailer in the parking lot. It was very reasonable, & pet friendly. The ear plugs scare me a bit... I guess we'll see what thats about. Rooms are very clean & comfy!! Good find!!

• Stayed May 2013
Univeristy Place
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Computer was down so we had to do the credit card transaction the slide, old fashion way - not a problem just noting.
We rented the suite because it sleeps eight. The rooms were very clean; beds comfortable, pillows soft, towels soft. They had DirecTV, which was surprising, most hotels I've been too only have the minimum Comcast channels.
My complaints start at the bathroom - no hair drier and the water was Super hot, so hot we had to splash it on ourselves at a distance. Small complaints but in my opinion big enough to drop it down to a 3/5. If your room has normal temp water you'll enjoy the place :)

• Stayed April 2013
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the mill stone manor for a weekend to go fishing. I love that the hotel is pet friendly (only certain rooms), our dog Mya loved the hotel more than we did. Overall it is very very clean and comfortable! We will for sure be making more trips back in the future. The hotel staff and receptionists were also kind and friendly. Plus you cannot beat the price!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here this past July and again last week (October 2012). I read some of the other reviews...I'm not sure if they were old reviews, or if they just had bad luck, but this was a much better choice than some of the others in the area. This hotel smelled GREAT compared to the Comfort Inn (and cost a lot less). It wasn't anywhere near as nice as the Fairfield, but since that is a brand new hotel and cost more than twice as much for a single room, that's to be expected. I slept well and didn't notice the trains, even without using the ear plugs. The Wi-Fi coverage was spotty in my room, but great in the hall outside my door (I was in the corner furthest away from that Access Point). I am hopeful that this will change soon, as I gave them some pointers on how they could improve the coverage for the hotel at no cost.
In Summary, I would definitely stay there again. It is not close to a 5-star hotel, and is not the nicest one in the area, but I have stayed at a number of the hotels here and this is the only one I have chosen to stay at twice.

Room Tip: The two-room suite in the front of the hotel is nice, and a great value for $69.