“Best place for families” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Malta, NY
“Best place for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We found cocoa grill on line and decided to give it a try. Excellent choice! Food was outstanding, wide variety from burgers to gourmet fish and steak dinners. The kids menu was the best I have seen with a dozen choices including steak and fish as well as the usual chicken tenders kids burgers. They also give a coloring page and bendaroos for the kids to play with. My son use them the whole trip. I highly recommend this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Hometown Diner Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Okay food, sometimes indifferent service but convenient location. Good variety of selections. Never had a BAD meal...but no STANDOUT Items either. Good food/fair prices!! No second cup of coffee offered....maybe it was just an off day..????

• Visited May 2012
PA
“An Okay diner close to the hospital”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had a family member at Hershey Medical Center and we were looking for non-hospital cafe food. We chose the Cocoa Diner because it was close by. I suppose I should have been tipped off when I saw the bench in the booth was repaired with blue colored duct tape. I ordered the cocoa chicken with the crabcake and broccoli. My husband ordered the Greek Haddock.

The lettuce in my salad was wilted. The broccoli tasted like it was cooked in the same water as the seafood. The rice pilaf was bone dry. The server described the Greek Haddock as "having some herbs and a vinaigrette." It arrived covered in green peppers and swimming in some kind of sauce.

I had them put the hollandaise sauce on the cocoa chicken on the side and it was a good thing I did because it was an off color, greasy mess.

My chicken and crab cake were good, but the broccoli was underdone. My husband ate the fish after he scraped all the peppers off.

It seems like a diner that does a few things very well, especially breakfast, but it's hit or miss on the others. All the same, I think we will try somewhere else today.

philadelphia, pa
“Basic diner food - generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were tired from traveling and looking for a place to eat with varied choices. This definitely fit the bill. My friend had the senior portion of chicken croquettes and it was huge! I can't imagine what the regular portion was like. I enjoyed a shrimp and chicken dish. The shrimp was fine, but the grilled chicken seemed to have picked up all sorts of tastes from the grill. Both entrees came with soup or salad. This diner has what one would expect - basic simple food. All in all we were satiated and had good, fast service.

Harrisburg, PA
“Anything at anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stopped to have lunch & the server said I could order anything from the menu including breakfast. It was 12 noon so I decided on a sausage omelet with hash browns. Food & service was perfect & they still have free Wi-Fi.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere