“Simply the BEST!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 717-566-1314
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Description: Hoageez serves Authentic Old-School hoagies made on fresh baked Philly rolls. We slice our veggies, cheese and meats fresh and to order. Once you taste a Hoageez Hoagie you'll never eat another sub again.
“Simply the BEST!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been there 4or5 times,I've been in food service for 20 plus years and I haven't met a nicer family that truly care, as well myself and I love the food and will return and refer this place to family and friends. Linda just remember to do your best and you can't please everyone

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Linda L, Owner at Hoageez, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recommending us to everyone you know!

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love Hoageez and so does everyone that I have recommended it to! It has been such a wonderful addition to the town as well as my life. The only negative aspect I see is that it is an addiction and visiting 2-3 times can add up to a lot of calories; good thing there is a gym right down the road. The subs here are delicious and the fresh hard rolls are outstanding! I recommend the #1 Hog Island, it is my favorite sub, I'm never disappointed. The service is just as great as the subs! Each time I visit they are very nice and converse with their customers that are waiting. They know me by name now , which is awesome, and shows that the service is very personal. The chalkboard they have on the wall is a great way to see who in the community has visited. The half-sub option would help my wallet, but it's not imperative. I'm a 18 year old boy with an appetite and the sub is still too much for me to eat myself. It's plenty enough to eat half for a meal and save the other half for the next day or share with a friend! Each Friday my friend and I visit after school for a sub before a basketball league we play in and we look forward to the tradition all week. I'm sure this place will do well and I can't say enough about it. I will miss it when I head off to college this upcoming year. I just can't believe I've settled for Subway for the last few years, never going back there. One suggestion, this place is the new place to go so they sell out early on rolls some days, get there early! Thank you Hoageez and keep doing what you're doing!
-Dubbs

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Linda L, Owner at Hoageez, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recommending us to everyone you know! We are honored every time someone comes into the shop and tells us that they were referred by someone else.
“1/2 sub? meal deal?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I rated average... just like the new places in Palmyra (one is already failing).
Sub, drink .. .maybe chips and you're out over $10.00.
I don't know many people willing to spend $10.00 or more on lunch/sub
Why can't you do 1/2 sub w/drink for some type of meal deal.
Plus, you've just eliminated most kids from eating there.
My teens can't eat a whole sub. Nor do I want to spend $30-$40 for lunch for family of 3-4.
Seems like you're "limiting" your business by not offering 1/2 sub.
But like everyone on here... just my opinion.
We'll see how they do long term....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoageez, Owner at Hoageez, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your suggestion. We have talked about adding a 1/2 hoagie and it may be something we do in the future. In the mean time we have many customers who save the second half for the next day. Our rolls do not become soggy in the fridge so you can refrigerate and eat the other half the next day for lunch. We will also gladly make 1/2 of the hoagie one way and the other half another way cutting your cost in half to feed the family. Feel free to ask us for any special request. We are here for you because without out you we would not be here.
Hummelstown
“Great rolls and ingredients - A little more? Try Pretzels, delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have been there three times and think the rolls are great - fresh and tasty, esp. the hard. I understand that everything is fresh and you use top quality ingredients but believe a very small amount of meat would help make the sandwiches perfect. Maybe no more than 2oz which I know is not much but for me would do the trick. I see you can add more meat for $1.50 but that would put the cost too high in my opinion. The counter person was very accomodating and friendly - I know the two owners are very busy making the Hoageez but turn around a little more and interact with customers a little more - it helps any business for some to feel a camaraderie.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hoageez, Owner at Hoageez, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We do offer extra meat for an additional charge but we feel you shouldn't need it. We have been doing some training trying to keep up with our rapid growth so if you ever have a concern about quantity just let us know and we will take care of it instantly. We have met many great people and love talking to everyone but sometimes it is difficult when we are busy trying to accommodate as many people during their lunch time as possible. We will make more of an effort and appreciate your input as we continue to strive in being the best we can be.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Great new spot in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I enjoy seeing new family run business around here. Too many times we get a business that tries to make money but does not get the service or quality correct. I've been here 4 times in the last month its been open and always had a GREAT Hoagie/sub. If you are in the Hershey area and want to support a local shop you really should try this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hoageez, Owner at Hoageez, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We love being a family business. We feel fortunate to be able to spend our days together as a family but it could never happen without our great customers and local support!

Been to Hoageez? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hoageez, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.