We stayed in a double queen room which was fine for a couple, though not super spacious.This facility was new in July and it had a lot of neat new features, like pull-out shelves in the bathroom for your toiletry kits, in the nightstand, and in the chest for the coffee pot. Rolling cubes could be re-positioned easily, e.g. for a night stand on the outside of the bed. The bathroom had a night light which I love and these are all too rare. A lap desk was provided as well as the regular desk (which was fine though not much space between it and the bed). Wi-Fi worked fine. Tall people would love the very high adjustable showerhead, though anyone under my height (5'4'') would have trouble adjusting it. The sink drained slowly which we reported to management (we only stayed one night so not sure how long it took to fix). The décor throughout was pleasant and everything was clean and in good shape. Even the stairwell was nicely finished which they often are not. Humor on some of the signs was a fun touch.
The staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. When I arrived to check-in, the clerk was helping someone else but acknowledged me to say she would be with me in a minute. That is good training. She quickly accessed a restaurant list and directions to Hershey's Sweet Lights for me. With just a little more effort this could have been even more helpful (e.g., a short description of the restaurant- we didn't know the recommended Italian restaurant was BYOB; and directions to Sweet Lights from the hotel itself, rather than the generic statement from Hershey's website which wasn't helpful enough if you don't know the area.)
There were not many guests so it should have been really quiet, which it was for the most part. However, after we had gone to sleep a group checked in next door rather loudly and woke us up- couldn't they have been placed further away when there were so many empty rooms? Part of the noise was due to the very heavy doors- perhaps attaching door stops would help? Unfortunately we did not sleep well, finding the bed very hard and the pillows too large and fluffy. I would give it another try though on our next trip as I think beds soften up over time and we could bring our own pillows.
The breakfast area was clean, even toward the end of the breakfast period, and large enough to get away from the TV which we don't prefer in the am (especially when it's showing Fake News). The buffet had a good variety including scrambled eggs and sausage patties, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal and cold cereals, assorted nice pastries, waffles, coffee choice (regular, robust, decaf).
The location is very convenient to Hershey attractions (very near the Antique Auto museum), and has free parking. It also has a Suite Shop (snacks), pool and fitness center but we didn't use any of these.
Despite my few complaints/ suggestions, this is a very nice facility in a town with a lot of choices. We paid half what it would have cost at the Hershey Lodge and I doubt that would have been twice as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hershey's newest hotel is NOW OPEN! Be one of the first to stay in our beautiful new property which features a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, high-speed wireless Internet, indoor heated pool and 24 hour fitness & business center. Conveniently located 1 mile from HersheyPark, the Giant Center, major employers, medical facilities, restaurants, shopping and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Hershey At The Park Hotel Hummelstown
- Country Inn And Suites Hershey At The Park