“Great Philly Steaks” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Raleigh, NC
“Great Philly Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Best sandwiches in town if you like Philly Cheese Steak. They also have good salads and other options to choose from, plus a festive and sporty atmosphere. Great for lunch or any other time.

Visited June 2012
Chip R, Owner at Tonelli's Pizza, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and are such a fan of our cheesesteaks! Thank you for joining us, and we hope to see you again soon! Best, Chip (Owner)

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Great Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My fiance and I have been to Tonelli's many times. The things that make us continue to go back are decent prices, great food, and quick service. The menu has so many different, great-sounding things to try. I'm known for always choosing the same plate at a restaurant, but at Tonelli's I'm always ordering something different and I'm always happy with my meal. My favorite item hands down, though, is the broccoli bites appetizer. Best broccoli bites I've had.
Just last week I went to Tonelli's with coworkers. My one coworker asked for a slice of Hawaiian pizza. The waitress said that wasn't an option that day...but then she said it would be easy enough to make two slices up for my friend. Sure enough-my friend got two slices of Hawaiian pizza.
I'd definitely suggest Tonelli's if you're in the neighborhood. It's a laidback place with great beer, people, and food.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chip R, Owner at Tonelli's Pizza, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re happy to hear we have so many dishes you want to try out and that you enjoy the broccoli bites so much! We’re all about making our customers happy, and we’re proud to go the extra mile to do so. Thank you for visiting, and we hope you will join us again soon. Best, Chip (Owner)
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Good food - but they overhype themselves”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I'm sorry, but don't make the claim "finest pizza in the universe" when you simply can't back it up. It's like me saying I look just like Brad Pitt, or I have the fighting skills of Steven Segal, when clearly I have neither.

Is the pizza good? Sure it is. But I think Nino's pizza is better, and its only a couple blocks away. Don't get me wrong, I do like most of the food on Tonelli's menu, I just think they are a little too high on themselves. The food is mostly good but I would not classify any of it as "the finest in the universe".

You might argue "it's a marketing slogan, get over it", but if you sell yourself as "the finest pizza in the universe", then don't you think you have raised expectations just a bit? And if you don't live up to said expectations that you should ultimately be called out for it?

I would rate the food as good - but trip advisor doesn't allow you to select that - your options are 'very good' or 'average' - apparently there is no in-between. I think the prices are a little high too for many of the items on the menu.

Overall, the food is good and I am not saying its not worth trying. Just lower your expectations a bit from 'finest in the universe'.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Which day you go makes a difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The wife and I are regular patrons of this way-above-average sports pizza pub (2-3x/month). It's a great place to unwind at the end of day Friday if you want a couple of drinks and a pizza/sandwich. This is not white tablecloth dining, folks...so set expectations accordingly. Family friendly. On busy days, it's noisy. There's outdoor table service when the weather's nice.

We find the cheesesteak quality well above anything else you can get from Abington to Warrington. The pizza/stromboli are very good also. If you like sicilian, you'll like theirs.

They have pasta and kids menu items, but haven't tried them. Each month features a different brew and entre special.

Friday evenings seem to be the busiest, so try a Saturday or Sunday if you have the option.

The staff is friendly and attentive. There's a room that can be reserved for small/mid size parties, and flat screen TVs throughout.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Pizza is greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have tried just about every pizza place in the vicinity......don't care for their pizza as it is very greasy!

Visited March 2011