“Wasnt a big fan of this place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

You added Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Dresher Road, Horsham, PA 19044 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Syracuse, New York
“Wasnt a big fan of this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we walked in it smelled. The rooms were basic. Kitchen & rooms were outdated. A hotel with nothing to it. . Only stayed for business and last minute. Would never stay again. Find a better hotel elsewhere.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

amazing customer service from Peter. He's always well spoken and always looks presentable. Very proFessional looking. he also always looks to be enjoying helping his customers. it's a joy coming to stay when Peter is behind the counter.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are thrilled to hear that our staff, especially Peter, took such great care of you. We are delighted to know that we left such a lasting impression with you.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Have never stayed at an Extended Stay America before, don't think I ever will. Yes you have a microwave oven, stove and fridge, but that's it! We had two plastic cups and a bar of soap in the bathroom. No coffee maker unless you ask for it, along with condiments mugs and even a spoon! No shampoo conditioner NOTHING! The bath towels were like sand paper, and like other posts no housekeeping so if you didn't hang your towels to dry you had nothing for the next morning, and yes you also have to make your own bed. The breakfast was a joke. Coffee, granola bars, crappy packaged muffins and some fruit. Plus there was no place to eat it! It was litteraly grab and go. The walls are VERY thin and did not sleep either night I was there because you can hear everyone else on your floor. One plus, the woman that was running the desk was very friendly, and very helpful. So my two stars are for her.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We stayed overnight at the hotel the day before yesterday.
My wife is pregnant and wanted to leave one luggage in the front desk for 2 hours because she can't carry heavy stuff.
The hotel manager rejected my wife's request coldly and almost forced her to leave hotel immediately.

Terrible experience. Never stay in extended stay america hotel again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit with us. I was sorry to hear that you received such poor service from the hotel manager. Please know that I will be meeting with the entire staff to review our customer service standards and the importance of accommodating our guests to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at wlg2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Emmett, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were hoping that this would be similar to our timeshare condos and were pleased that it was, mostly. Needed to have dish soap and something other than wash cloths for doing dishes, but a local dollar store fixed that. There's a good market a block away, so getting set up with breakfast was easy. We were there for a week to attend my sisters wedding, and it was really close to the ceremony and reception sites, so that was nice. There was a problem with the cooktop the first day, but they fixed it quickly and we didn't have any other problems. The Moravian pottery and castle are close by, and very interesting- we had one afternoon that wasn't taken up with wedding prep, so that was fun.
Staying here really helped keep expenses down, the room was reasonably priced and we were able to save with fixing our own breakfasts. They also had a continental breakfast in the lobby, fruit , oatmeal and such, which helped stretch the budget too.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side, which was quiet and parking in the rear was easier and we could get...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and were able to address the issue with your stove quickly. We are happy that you found our location to be so convenient for you.

Thank you again for your positive review. We hope that you will consider our hotel again for your future home away from home needs.
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is the second year I’ve stayed at the Extended Stay America property on Dresher Road. Last year I had some issues with them running out of “breakfast items) and there aren’t many items to choose from to begin with. This weekend I stayed again for two nights (I used Priceline and this is the hotel I got) and this time had slightly different problems which may not be ongoing but could be.

The most important info I can share here – to guide others – that ESA hotels are really places to accommodate a business person who wants a cheap room for an “extended stay”. Though listed as a 2 star hotel on most booking sites this is much closer to a ONE-star when it comes to amenities.

You should know that there is no housekeeping service unless you stay over – 5 nights (it might only be three nights) and so you will need to make your own bed, remove your own trash and reuse all towels. The rooms used to come with pots, pans, and “silverware” but no longer. Yes you can get them but you need to ask in advance and get them. You can get a coffee maker and they will give you coffee but – when I requested it there was no cream or sugar – even though I requested it. Don’t look for coffee in the lobby either. It is there from 6:30 to 9:30 AM (Even on weekends. And there is no place to walk to get it either. Now for breakfast – you’ll see others comment on ESA’s “Grab and Go” breakfast. In lobby is instant oatmeal (but you have to ask at front desk – usually busy checking folks out) for the bowl! There are high fat prepackaged muffins (like you see at Costco) and oranges and apples. And then there is coffee (regular and decaf). But it is made by the ONE desk clerk who may be busy. And this time they ran out of paper cups so you could take your coffee to go! Imagine that. The clerk was waiting for the manager to arrive so she could go to the store and buy them! In case I didn’t mention there is no fresh milk for the cereal and no half-and-half for the coffee. There are three pumps of non-dairy liquid Coffeemate! (ever have Coffeemate in your oatmeal??)

There was more. When I checked in at 12:30 AM (I had late arrival) I asked for a wake up call at 8:30 AM. The night person – you need to call them on the lobby phone) noted this but I never got the call.

When I expressed my real disappointment as to why no coffee cups and why there was not even a plastic cup in my room to rinse my mouth with both of the “housekeeping staff” (There were two of them – whose job was only to clean rooms of those checking out) were very apologetic and tried to help. I tip my hat to both Patricia and Marian.

The manager – Venetta – who did not apologize to my dismay – said she had only been there 45 days. I think the design concept of ESA makes it really hard to run a smooth ship when the lone front desk clerk – or night time “attendant” – has to handle multiple duties like checking folks out, handiling the phone , making coffee and going to get bowls for the cereal.

The rooms were renovated since last year and mine was clean upon arrival. But remember that I had to wipe up and counter spills myself. The AC unit worked fine and I was VERY happy to see that I could open the window to allow air to come in. That is now rare in a hotel.

Any other 2 star hotel I’ve stayed at (Comfort Inn, Days Inn – I used to stay at DI down the road and liked it but they couldn’t offer me a comparable rate or near it) has a hot breakfast or at least 24 hour coffee and a public PC. And they do do daily housekeeping. Even one-star Econolodges do this. But not ESAs. So consider that when you book any of their locations.

I booked for “Price” and location and that’s what I got. I’ll try to add photos later.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but make sure that if you need a coffee pot and coffee and utensils, that you cal...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bridgeport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Peter at the front desk very helpful during check in. Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Great value for the price. Only needs a pool. Great area only a few mins away from shopping and grocery store. Nice area, family park down the street. Love this hotel I've stayed twice and I'll continue to stay when I visit the PA area.

• Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel. We are glad that our staff, especially Peter, took such great care of you. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and consider us to be a great value.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Address: 537 Dresher Road, Horsham, PA 19044 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Philadelphia-Horsham-Willow Grove Hotel Horsham
Homestead Studio Suites Horsham
Homestead Horsham
Homestead Suites Horsham
Horsham Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.