“Rooms good and EXTRA ammenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Rooms good and EXTRA ammenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Strayed at this location over the July 4th holiday and things could not have been better. I have already booked for next year. The room was clean, the kitchen worked greatly, the fridge was big and ice maker worked great. The bathroom was good. The only issue with the bath was that everything was in one room. The laundry was free and washed clothes well, the gym was useful. These things for the price that was paid made this a great value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel on occasion over the last 5 years. It's gone down hill slowly over that period, where now, when you walk in the kitchen area, your feet stick to the floor, and if you leave your socks on they get stained in where you can't wear them. Everything else was average at best, I guess for the money and if you're local it beats a sharp stick in the eye.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello jerseywolf

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty over the past 5 years. I'm sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your last visit with us. We strive to make our hotel one that guests will love. With that said, in the future, please be sure to bring these issues up to the front desk as we would be more than happy to correct the issue in your suite, or if needed to relocate you to another suite, allowing the staff to make the necessary changes to ensure that you and any other guest staying in that suite is completely satisfied. If you would like to discuss the problem further please feel free to reach out to the mgmt. staff at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. Have a great day.
Jersey Shore, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Travellling for business, I usually use another chain, but due to location, I reluctantly stayed at this hotel even after reading the reviews. I should have used better judgement. The grounds and parking area are well maintained and well-lit, but that is they end of the rave reviews.

When I checked in, there was a nice man working behind the desk, but he was overwhelmed. There were three of us waiting to check in and he was taking care of an issue on the phone. Just when we thought that it would be forever to get into our rooms and relax, a housekeeper popped up from a chair in the back area of the check-in desk and began checking us in. She knew exactly what to do and if she had any questions, would yell back to the man on the phone. What disturbed me most is that she was wearing gloves and I had to ask her to remove them before she touched my key. I have stayed at more hotels then I can count in my life and I will offer one piece of advise for this hotel...Work on check-in process. No traveller (business or personal) wants to be checked in by housekeeping and then find dirt and stains in there room ( I won't even go there; others have said quite enough). Take an example from other chains and independents. Check-in should be personal and engaging. Talk about the area and the amenities, use the guests name, and show genuine gratitude for their stay, not complain that they are overwhelmed and doing a job that isn't theirs.

Also, just a tip. If you get a room above the side exit, get a different room immediately. I woke up in the middle of the night several times to the smell of smoke. Guests and employees have an ashtray outside the door and as they blow smoke, it gets sucked right into the AC units above. My room smelled aweful, but with a 8am meeting, I wasn't changing rooms in the middle of the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hello Mattnat

Thank you for commenting on your stay. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy any aspect of your stay. Also, thank you for the suggestions you offered. Unfortunately there are times when our staff may get busy performing the various functions needed to complete their work. But customer service is always at the top of the list. Please accept our sincere apology that you had to experience these issues at check-in and during your stay. Also, as we strive to make sure our guests completely happy, please bring the issues up to the staff and/or management so that we can make the necessary changes to ensure you are happy with your stay. Thank you.
East Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was not impressed. The room was musty. The floor in the kitchen was sticky. The tub was dirty. I cleaned the floor. It was a very dirty. Took three cleanings to get it clean enough to walk on. I have had this experience at Candlewood in the past. I did not call for house cleaning as they don't know how to clean. I did not want to go find another hotel after a long day. I will be hard pressed to stay at a Candlewood again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hello LUDS96

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. In the future, please notify us that your suite is not up to par. That gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies that may be in the room. We would be more than happy to make accommodations for you in another suite here at the hotel if the problem can't be fixed. Again, thank you so much for leaving your comments and letting us know about your experience. Have a great day.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was disappointed with my stay. I needed a hotel that was pet friendly. This was one of the only properties in the area that was pet friendly. I looked at the reviews and was hesitant to book. I should have gone with my first instinct. The grounds are wonderful, nice paths and well kept areas. Too bad the housekeeping doesn't follow their example. A bucket and mop need to be used in all the non carpeted areas. I was disgusted when we spilled water on the kitchen floor and used a paper towel to clean it up. The towel was black. The bathroom floor was no better. I'm sure only a vacuum was used for several weeks. The hallways were dirty too. In the small suite was a reclining chair. At best I will call it threadbare. When we arrived I moved the chair and found an empty vodka pint under it. Obviously housekeeping had not vacuumed under the chair. I hope you get the picture of this property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rerricker

Thank you for the comments you left about your stay. It is unfortunate that these issues occurred during your stay. In the future, please make the hotel staff aware of any issues or deficiencies in your suite, or anywhere in the hotel, so that we have a chance to fix the issue prior to your departure. This gives us the opportunity to ensure you are happy with your stay. Again, thank you for your comments. Have a great day.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed from 05/13 to 05/21. (8 days). The room was cleaned on the 7th day of my stay. Every hallway and my room had a suffocating cigarette smell that was impossible to clear out. The bedding is shabby, torn and worn and unattractive. Rugs in halls and room are dirty. Elevator is dirty. Bathtub, dirty or so worn that it just looks dirty. Ashtray outside of entrance was left full of cigarette butts for days...I would not stay again nor recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear ScStern

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your stay. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay. I am really sorry we were not able to provide accommodations that were up to your standard. We strive to provide quality hotels and excellent service. Again, thank you for your stay and have a great day.
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on my way to the Bucks County dog show. The room I got came with a refrigerator, stovetop and microwave. It's nothing fancy but convenient when you have to keep foods cool etc. The outdoor walking facilities were great. The grassy field was clean and mowed which is important when traveling with animals that have to be kept clean and neat. The dog walk area had to be at least 1.5 acres with doggy bags available. It is located next to the parking lot which was great because you could load and/or unload quickly after a potty break. This hotel is in an office park so there's not much noise or busy traffic around. Restaurants and a supermarket are no more than a five minute drive away and the highway is nearby as well. I had no trouble with the room nor with the staff. The stay was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Whiteva

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites, Horsham. We really appreciate the kind comments you've shared about your stay and the helpful information you've posted for anyone interested in visiting us in the future. If you are in the area please come back to see us again. Again, thank you and have a great day.

Been to Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!