“Nothing fancy but fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
baltimore
“Nothing fancy but fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It is not 5 star but it doesn't try to be.
If you are just looking for a clean inexpensive place then this is a fine choice
I see a number of negative reviews especially regarding the staff. I had no trouble. Check in and out were fine, I needed another pillow and picked it up from the desk. Not exactly alot of interaction but everybody was pleasant to me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

All went wrong from the time I checked in. I had requested a 1st floor room with making my reservations 2 weeks in advance for a pre-paid room and was given a room on the third floor. My reservations consisted a total of 3 days. The first two nights were first maid, then I decided to make it a third night and was told I had to checkout first and hen check back in. The bathroom sink was clogged. After my first two nights, I was told that housekeeping services were for every seven days. I had requested clean towels and I was told by the lady in the front desk that she would clean my towels for me. Totally unacceptable in my view. I have frequently stayed at Candlewood Suites and have never been treated this way. You really need to re-train your staff and remind them of customer service. Too too many choices of Hotels, to seal with all this.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear montefella,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message with additional details.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
orlando florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed for two nights great staff This trip was to spend the day in NYC. Stayed at hotel took nj transit only 30 min away to hamilton station into NYC. Staff gave me great directions and truelly cared about my staff. Made me feel like I was with family. Room was well kept and clean. Highly recommend clean safe friendly place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jeffrey M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Lee,

Thank you for the knid words, and for staying with us here at the Candlewood Suites Horsham. I was glad to here that your stay was enjoyable and the staff made you feel like one of the family. We look forward to your next stay with us should your travels bring you back to our area. Sincerely, Jeff Meyers General Manager
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am a 28 year old female and I haven't stayed at the Candlewood in Horsham in a few months but when i do come to the area i always stay here. Despite the front desk having a little attitude depending on the day.... depends whos working ( i work in retail .. I've dealt with worse) The rooms are beyond spacious and always clean! NEVER A SMELL. i love the fact that they have a flat screen on the walls and a full kitchen in all the rooms. I made a few meals there and they had every pot, pans and utensils i needed. The big fridge is a plus! The shower is clean and so is the bathroom. The bed is linen is always clean n fresh and sooo comfortable. A lot of parking and entrances.. very safe environment. A place for a family , friends, business, couples, or even alone. I see alot of NEGATIVE reviews on this place but honestly for the ones who are having a second guess about coming here THINK AGAIN this is the best deal in town and cleanest ESPECIALLY FOR A SUITE! :-)

Room Tip: Second floor is quiet the 1 bedroom suites and studio suites are better than the standard rooms t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
September M,

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!

We really appreciate the kind remarks you have, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will be able to come back and visit us again soon!

Thank you!

Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

After a red eye flight from the west coast, I was happy when my room was ready before noon. After signing my life away that I won't smoke in my room, I was greeted by the smell of stale smoke as I opened my door!
As I get an early check in, I didn't want to push my luck. When I complained in the morning , the manager promised to give me 1000 priority club points. The rate was very reasonable and the room was otherwise ok. Be forewarned, there is no food nearby, just some office buildings

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear brucejkirch,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Willow Grove.

Director of Sales
bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed for three nights on business. The good parts are their In room TV listings and internet. The suite had a non working telephone, iron box, dishwasher etc. if you are staying for less than a week, then no service is provided to your room. So no cleaning, no towel replacements, no replacements of coffee etc. There is no complimentary breakfast or evening snacks. Not sure what is their business model, but certainly not good enough to have me back there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
csknet,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites – Willow Grove. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Willow Grove.

Director of Sales
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood for four months while working in the area. The staff and management did everything they could to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The two rooms I stayed in (moved from a regular room to a 1 bedroom suite after a month or so) were both recently refurbished, comfortable, and quiet.

The area has plenty of places to eat and shop, though not within reasonable walking distance. The area felt reasonably safe and had great trails for walking/biking that go right by the hotel.

My only minor complaint was the billing. They billed my credit card at irregular intervals, which made tracking the costs a challenge.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely. I hated to leave there and move to another hotel 30 miles away. If it wasn't for the horrific Philly traffic, I would still be there and make the drive everyday.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor if possible and the west side of the hotel. All the rooms are reasonable quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!

Hopefully you will be working in the Willow Grove area again so that you can come back and visit us! Thank you!

Tim Potter

Been to Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!