My husband and I stayed here over the weekend, and absolutely loved our suite. FIRST, I need to note that the first room they gave us had a broken a/c, but we were immediately given another room, identical to that one. It was immaculate, and had everything you could ask for! Fridge, stovetop, microwave (we found a great glass dish and free bag of popcorn!), toaster, dishwasher, dishes, silverware, garbage disposal, you name it! The work desk was huge. The bathroom was enormous, and had NICE, thick towels (what a welcome change from most other hotels!). The entire room was spotless. The a/c was ice-cold and very quiet. We loved the "cupboard" downstairs, a cafe-type area where you can fill out a "grocery slip" and drop it in a box, and just take whatever you want, it gets billed to your room later (they use an honor system, which is so nice). There's also a free laundry area (supplies are not free), and free gym room.
Now for the drawbacks. We couldn't find any beds bigger than a queen (assuming because this is considered a "business" suite hotel, most customers are probably businessmen traveling alone?). My husband and I are both tossers and turners, so we did not have enough room, and both got miserable scraps of sleep both nights. We also are not fans of those stupid micro-bead pillows that are all the rage right now. They're hot in the summertime because they wrap around your head and face (which also made breathing a fun event), and I needed three of those suckers just to feel supported. PLEASE offer some plain pillows, Candlewood!
Other than the bed (and the awful lack of sleep, which left us both feeling horrid), we LOVED the place. It was about 30 minutes north of Philly, so it was away from the traffic and crowds, but close enough that we could get into the city each day without a long haul. We'll definitely come back if we can find a king size or two doubles next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Horsham - Willow Grove hotel is nestled in SE Pennsylvania. We are a stone's throw from many areas of interest such as King of Prussia Mall, Valley Forge National Historic Park, Franklin Mills Mall, Philadelphia Zoo, Philadelphia Convention Center, Franklin Institute, Willow Grove NAS JRB, & Fox Chase Cancer Center.The Candlewood Suites Philadelphia/Willow Grove is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Earn Priority Club rewards points for each qualifying stay. Our large guest suites offer the perfect amenities for your business trip, vacation, or relocation needs. Each room boasts a fully equipped kitchen allowing you to cook the meals that you love just the way you like them! Relax in your overstuffed recliner as you enjoy a movie from our free lending library. Work in comfort at your in-room desk while taking advantage of our free high-speed Internet. Can't bear to leave Fido at home? Bring him along! We offer a pet friendly environment. Visit our executive fitness center or do your laundry in our free machines. Visit the Candlewood Cupboard for a frozen dinner, ice cream, or late-night snack. It is open 24-hours! We are also a great alternative to a corporate apartment and offer a flexible pricing structure based on your length of stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove Hotel Horsham
- Horsham Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Horsham
- Candlewood Horsham