“I guess it was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Ohio
“I guess it was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed in room 108 during Thanksgiving break (4 nights). The room seemed like it was 8 million degrees. It was cold enough outside that I put on a hat, gloves, and scarf, but we had to turn the air conditioner on in the room. For a first floor room, that seemed quite odd. Maybe if you had a room facing away from the parking lot it would be better?

I wish they had included plates for 4 instead of 2. While it was only the 2 of us staying, and the room only had a capacity of 2, I felt like it was wasteful to run the dishwasher with such a small number of dishes, so we did them by hand.

The bed was a double, which is what we've come to expect when we book through Hotwire. In this case, the way the room was set up, one side of the bed was easier to access than the other. It is apparent that everyone who uses the room uses that side of the bed. That side of the bed had a dip in it. The other side of the bed was at enough of an angle that I kept waking up feeling like I was going to slide over to my husband's side.

There was a lot of closet space. There were plenty of bath and kitchen products. The dresser was big. The table was a nice size. We liked having the big refrigerator. The staff was generally friendly. There is a nice parking lot with good lighting. The hotel is away from busy streets, so it was generally quiet.

It wasn't really a bad place, and back in the day when I was traveling alone on business all the time, it would have been great, except for the 8 million degrees thing. The price and the kitchenette were nice enough that we would probably stay here again. I would recommend it most for solo business travelers, not couples.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Recently stay while visiting family
Average hotel with kitchen, free laundry, not enough towels. You need to turn in two and get two every time Overall average and would stay here again if in the area
Deers are everywhere, be careful!!

• Stayed October 2011
Chappell, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We actually didn't stay it was so bad. Black mold in the bathroom and under the window/heater area. Only room they had. Don't stay in room 210. They did refund my money but as a Priority Club member for many years I was horrified. It was Thanksgiving weekend and hotels were scarce. My daughter used her Hilton Honors membership and got us a room at a Hampton Inn. I have pictures of the mold.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 210. Full of mold.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently left here after staying 18 months (yes, 18 months!) while working a local contract. The staff here is just fantastic. I have "special needs" (lots and lots of computers!)and they were incredibly helpful and tolerant. The place is scheduled for a renovation soon so complaints about aging stuff are irrelevent to me. It was cleaner than almost everyone I know keeps there houses and everything worked. I was made to feel like part of the family and will genuinely miss these very nice people!

Room Tip: Room 139 (1 bedroom suite) is the best room in the house! You have a view of the duck pond out back...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Suwanee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I just concluded a two month stay at this Candlwood Suites and would do it again! I was able to negotiate a terrific rate and found the staff very responsive to anything I requested including printing my boarding pass for me when I was leaving. Everyone at the front desk, and maintenance personnel, were very friendly and efficient. They are in the process of updating rooms and because that is not completed is the only reason I did not give them 5 stars. They need to get the renovating completed so all rooms are terrific. Safety and security are a great concern of mine and I've never felt safer. It is a great location with access to the turnpike system that will take you to many surrounding areas. Totally enjoyed my stay and my weekend ventures of the surrounding communities!

Room Tip: For any stay longer than 1 week, contact the hotel directly and speak with their sales person if the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Stamford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed 1 night on a trip to drop our daughter at college. The hotel is way off the beaten path, and so safe to leave all her stuff in the car (the only good thing about it). The place felt so unclean that we all were worried about bedbugs. We didn't see any, but it made it hard to sleep. It felt like more like a welfare hotel than a business hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Came here on long-term business and decided not to rent short term hotel lease because hotel was really not bad. Was able to negotiate a great nightly rate (I mean really really really good), they accepted my cat, and the staff is great. They gave a quiet room away from everything and had a view for the cat. Grocery, banks, great restaurants neat by, turnpike close, train close, shopping close. Free laundy, good gym, beds very very comfortable when compared to other long term stay hotels, and is really quiet most times. Internet can be spotty at times, and TV choices not great, but don't watch TV much. Felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: If staying over month, ask for sales manager to get reduced rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!